Terrifier 3 Arriving Oct. 25th 2024

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is this true? Is it really that gross?

Not really, no. There's one scene I can think of that maybe gets the closest, but it's undercut by the darkly humorous tone, and even then, there's a kill in the first movie that's more conceptually unsettling.

Either just PR or there's a lot more brittle movie-goers in 2022 than I would have thought.

9 minutes ago, Zeluge said:

there's a lot more brittle movie-goers in 2022 than I would have thought.

OH There DEFINITELY are... I suggested to a friend of mine that she should watch Veep because it's fucking funny and said it was basically the Trump administration before  the actual Trump administration and she said she didn't want to watch it because she didn't "want that energy" :| I WISH I was kidding.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

OH There DEFINITELY are... I suggested to a friend of mine that she should watch Veep because it's fucking funny and said it was basically the Trump administration before  the actual Trump administration and she said she didn't want to watch it because she didn't "want that energy" :| I WISH I was kidding.

Didn't Veep get like a million awards throughout its run on HBO? I never watched it myself but I know I always heard just some amazing things about it.

Also, it isn't PR/marketing so much as a few isolated incidents that happened during the opening weekend were then retweeted and the like which caused further ruckus & uproar. That mixed with, I believe it was 'The Talk', as well as Howard Stern getting in on the Terrifier 2 talk that has continued the buzz about the vomiting & passing out.

23 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
tC7LePqfZWnJ2X8oFgns93-1200-80.jpg
WWW.LOUDERSOUND.COM

Terrifier 2 is making history at the box office and history with its insanely graphic violence. Dare you watch the trailer?

Is this true? Is it really that gross?

The first film has a more graphic kill. One similar to the kill in Bone Tomahawk (which is also amazing). Though, all the kills in Terrifier 2 are pretty exaggerated and gory. 

This media response is no different than when Saving Private Ryan came out and people were freaking out about the Normandy beach scene. 

• True 1

• SoberChef changed the title to Terrifier 2 - The Little Indie Slasher That Could Keeps on Keeping On Through Halloween Weekend!

Opening up to over 1000 screens this Halloween weekend, do your part and support!

Absolutely unreal that this film has already made roughly 20 times its original budget of $250K!

While I'll be going to scope out George A. Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" in 3D, there is a part of me that possibly on Halloween, I'll get my Art costume on & head to the theater for one last screening!

2 hours ago, Emblazon said:

I need to get to see it again. I think it was supposed to be available on streaming already, but that got pushed. I've got the steel book BD preordered, and there's an Art figure that's also up for preorder that I ordered. 

Art figure you say? Gotta give me the deets man!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
terrifier_Packshot_Exploded_2ecc5442-3c2
SHOP.UMBRELLAENT.COM.AU

All Hallow's Eve While watching two children on Halloween night, a babysitter finds an old VHS tape in the kids' trick or treat bag. The tape features three tales of terror, all linked together by a murderous clown. As the night goes on strange things begin to occur in the house. It isn't long before the babysitter learns the horrifying truth... the maniacal clown is slowly working his way into her reality...

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 8:56 PM, SoberChef said:

Enjoy & please share your thoughts & experience!

Just finished it, I quite liked it! Maybe I’m off but this felt more 80s like what if Stranger Things but gruesome horror, maybe they just had more budget to nail the tone.

I actually started to watch it Friday night while having dinner but quickly realized that wasn’t going to work lol. It is just comic and over the top enough that i’m uncomfortably laughing along with my grimace. Some of the kills the way he just cracks into people are just something else. 

The soundtrack was so good, makes me want to play some Genesis games.

Even though it was so long I actually didn’t have a problem with it, it’s a nice film visually even beyond the gruesome effects work and I felt it maintained the tension well to the end.  I liked the first one and I think this one was better.  

• Like 2

@stepee Exactly all that. Did you know we only got the "bedroom kill" because of the pandemic? They were in lockdown and basically said, "well, we've got all this time on our hands, let's put it to good use." :lol:

And the score for both movies is absolutely fantastic. I highly recommend getting them on your preferred streaming service. 

For the third movie... Terrifier 2 spoilers:

Spoiler

I feel like they've been setting it all up to reveal Art is Sienna's father. That's what gives her power over Art, and with the sketch book, her father chronicled what happened when Art, the demon, took over, until he couldn't take it any more and drove himself into the electric pole, thinking that could end it.

That would make a few things fit: how Art knew where Sienna's friend lived, where Sienna lived, and why he purposefully went after Sienna's mom (with the writing on the car)... it also makes that kill in particular all the more powerful, and why Sienna and her brother are the only two people Art doesn't just kill outright. 

On 4/16/2023 at 12:49 AM, Emblazon said:

@stepee Exactly all that. Did you know we only got the "bedroom kill" because of the pandemic? They were in lockdown and basically said, "well, we've got all this time on our hands, let's put it to good use." :lol:

And the score for both movies is absolutely fantastic. I highly recommend getting them on your preferred streaming service. 

For the third movie... Terrifier 2 spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

This was exactly my thought and I kept thinking that was going to be revealed in this one! It seems very obviously heading there and setting this up to be a larger series with multiple entries and I’m ok with that 

• 6 months later...
  • SoberChef changed the title to Terrifier 3 Arriving Oct. 25th 2024