Files in Spider-Man's PC port suggest possible PSN integration/account linking, update: reference to "PlayStation PC Launcher" also found

Commissar SFLUFAN

playstation-pc.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

References to PSN integration have been discovered inside Spider-Man'

Since its release on PC last week, fans have been digging through the game files of PlayStation’s latest port, Marvel’s Spider-Man, and discovered references to PlayStation Network integration within its code.

According to the game files – which have been viewed by VGC – Sony could be planning to allow PC players to link their PlayStation Network accounts to specific games and offer in-game bonuses as a reward for doing so.

While neither Marvel’s Spider-Man nor any other PlayStation Studios PC game currently allows connectivity with PSN accounts, Spider-Man’s files contain multiple references to “PSNAccountLinked” and “PSNLinkingEntitlements”.

playstation-pc.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Sony could soon introduce its own launcher for its PC games, following the footsteps of Ubisoft, Rockstar and Activision Blizzard.

References to a “PlayStation PC launcher” have been found within the files of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, which launched on PC last week, suggesting that such a platform could be in Sony’s future plans.

VGC has verified the files and seen the reference to the PlayStation PC launcher.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Files in Spider-Man's PC port suggest possible PSN integration/account linking, update: reference to "PlayStation PC Launcher" also found

It's worked out great for Epic! No customer reviews, no general critic score or reviews, no forums to discuss technical issues or ask for changes, no communication with anyone at all, can't even message friends. It's so good! Fuck, even Amazon has customer reviews. If Amazon's beating you on pro-consumer functionality you done fucked up. And all of this is super relevant considering the bunch of fucking stuttery poorly optimized piece of shit games that've been coming out (largely from Square Enix, but not exclusively) on the platformr. User reviews won't always (or even often) get a dev to fix something, but it can warn other customers away from a shoddy port without them having to live on Discord or search some ad-ridden piece of shit gaming website or some ad-ridden piece of shit random Youtube channel from a guy who got the game for free and is running it in a 720p window for his review footage and gives it a 10/10.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

It's worked out great for Epic! No customer reviews, no general critic score or reviews, no forums to discuss technical issues or ask for changes, no communication with anyone at all, can't even message friends. It's so good! Fuck, even Amazon has customer reviews. If Amazon's beating you on pro-consumer functionality you done fucked up. And all of this is super relevant considering the bunch of fucking stuttery poorly optimized piece of shit games that've been coming out (largely from Square Enix, but not exclusively) on the platformr. User reviews won't always (or even often) get a dev to fix something, but it can warn other customers away from a shoddy port without them having to live on Discord or search some ad-ridden piece of shit gaming website or some ad-ridden piece of shit random Youtube channel from a guy who got the game for free and is running it in a 720p window for his review footage and gives it a 10/10.

Playstation store doesn't have user reviews either. :sickos:

Maybe that's why everyone is freaking out about those 3 dollar trophy games.

On the flip side everyone who leaves a review in the Xbox / Microsoft store gives it (the game) a really low rating.

48 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

If you're buying Epic Games Store timed exclusives, you're doing it wrong.

As a platform for free shit every week with no strings attached, it's awesome now.  Amazon's launcher doesn't support cloud saves or DLC.

9 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

If you're buying Epic Games Store timed exclusives, you're doing it wrong.

As a platform for free shit every week with no strings attached, it's awesome now.  Amazon's launcher doesn't support cloud saves or DLC.

Right, it's basically a legal torrent launcher at this point. You get your free games, you avoid buying anything if you can help it, and you GTFO.

Not exactly a stellar platform! Better than before the free games, though. At least it provides some actual value now. 

12 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Right, it's basically a legal torrent launcher at this point. You get your free games, you avoid buying anything if you can help it, and you GTFO.

To be fair, that's pretty much what I use the Steam UI for these days.  Idle, sell cards, get free games in Summer/Winter sales.  It takes a lot more work than Epic.

I mostly interface with my games from Launchbox.  Steam is quite bad at being a central hub if you have a lot of launchers.  It's opened the door for other programs to fill the need.

7 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

To be fair, that's pretty much what I use the Steam UI for these days.  Idle, sell cards, get free games in Summer/Winter sales.  It takes a lot more work than Epic.

I mostly interface with my games from Launchbox.  Steam is quite bad at being a central hub if you have a lot of launchers.  It's opened the door for other programs to fill the need.

:lol: "Now that all these shitty launchers are out, I need something for all these shitty launchers!"

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

No joke, it’s the truth.  Get with the times, enjoy the free games. ;)

I’d welcome Valve stepping it up and pulling a GoG with their aggregation.

Oh I collect the free games, but I don't think I've played a single one yet. I have enough of a hard time choosing between games I hand purchase that I actually want to play.... plus Game Pass.