'Pearl' - Prequel to Ti West's "X" - Arriving Sept. 16th

23 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Is that release date official? Between this and Terrifier 2, I can't wait for horror movie season!

I believe it is yes. As for Terrifier 2, I know that Damien is working through the final passes on audio for both the trailer & film cuts. He's going to be presenting it at Arrow's FrightFest at the end of the month, so theoretically we are only weeks away from the final trailer at most!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anybody else went to seek this film out over the weekend but holy hell what a kaleidoscopic terror trip through maniacal mania! I've dated crazy but JEEZ! That monologue by Goth truly was attention getting, I legit could not peel my eyes off of Pearl as she spoke, I was completely transfixed. So very happy to get back story on this particular character & now I am even more excited to see how not only the trilogy wraps up but also how Pearl's story correlates & contrasts to what Maxxxine will receive.

• Halal 2

Saw most of it up until the monologue towards the end then I got into a fight in the theater and had to leave because I lost the thread of the scene, but what I saw was really great. A sight better than X, which I liked fine, but I don't know if i’m just more predisposed to the era/genre its riffing on or if they just did a genuinely better job of doing so here (leaning toward the latter.) Love the oversaturated digital look utilized here, the rare instance where they’re trying to evoke a certain look but doing it in a very modernized way and it doesn’t feel like a slap in the face or disrespectful or, at the absolute worst, incompetent.

Going to try to go back and finish it this week.

20 hours ago, Zeluge said:

Saw most of it up until the monologue towards the end then I got into a fight in the theater and had to leave because I lost the thread of the scene, but what I saw was really great. A sight better than X, which I liked fine, but I don't know if i’m just more predisposed to the era/genre its riffing on or if they just did a genuinely better job of doing so here (leaning toward the latter.) Love the oversaturated digital look utilized here, the rare instance where they’re trying to evoke a certain look but doing it in a very modernized way and it doesn’t feel like a slap in the face or disrespectful or, at the absolute worst, incompetent.

okay hold it up there beep beep beep beeep *makes car backing out motion

21 hours ago, Zeluge said:

you can’t drop this info and not explain what happened lmao 

• True 1

The gist is, two guys were speaking intermittently at a normal volume and using their phones at full brightness and I asked them to stop and they really didn't like that. They raised up the volume very fast, and I met them there. Briefly exchanged words, then I walked away as they tried to goad me into a physical confrontation. Tried to get back into the movie, but my rage was pretty untethered and I couldn't focus.

Reported them to the front (whatever good that did), got a voucher (mainly why I reported them lol), and left.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 2

• 8 months later...
5 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

I'm curious as to whether you also saw "X"? If so, are you looking forward then to "MaXXXine"? (currently in production)

Yeah, I saw X last year and I’ve been waiting for this to appear somewhere. I liked them both but I like this one a bit better, though it wouldn’t be as good without having seen X first either. And yes definitely excited to see this series hit the 80s!

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I liked this a LOT more than X. This was a legit great MOVIE and not just a great horror movie which X was. This movie accomplishes the rare thing that some sequels do by making its predecessor film BETTER. I'm looking forward to the next film as well and will probably go see it in the theater now. Mia Goth was great in this. She co-wrote it too, eh?

• True 1
  • Halal 1