The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Collection launches on August 30 on Steam, PS4/5, XSX/S, XBO and Switch

Brian

I remember having a huge love hate for the first game. Especially that water level and when the floor becomes electrified or on fire. Couldn’t beat it without my buddies game genie back then and even more so today. Play that for ages in my basement on the cement basement floor with my dad’s tv as he was either working or smoking while doing the crossword/reading his paper (almost 30 years ago) Plus I loved Manhattan Project and playing that with my brother all the time. Got money on my Xbox and will probably buy.

• Halal 1

56 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Hey Konami how about a Suikoden collection!

I'd actually be interested to see how involved Konami was in making this game. My guess is it was a Sonic Mania situation and Digital Eclipse asked, "Can we make this?" and Konami said, "K" rather than Konami actually wanting to make the collection. If it's the former then you should be asking someone else to have the ambition to work on a port and getting Konami's blessing.

I didn't have trouble with the water level, the problem was after on the streets, I'd often get run over. If I managed to avoid getting run over, I'd die in the indoor areas (I think the problem was a tricky jump on the top level where I'd keep falling down, you had to time the jump right and attack with Donatello at the right moment to avoid getting hit and falling). I did get past it with the Game Genie and finished the game.

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
  • TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
  • TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)
  • TMNT III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
  • TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
  • TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist (Genesis)
  • TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy)
  • TMNT II: Back from the Sewers (Game Boy)
  • TMNT III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)
  • TMNT: Tournament Fighters (NES)
  • TMNT: Tournament Fighters (SNES)
  • TMNT: Tournament Fighters (Genesis)

That is a great collection. I don't know if I ever played the GameBoy games. And that NES Tournament Fighter game seemed illusive AF. I remember looking for it back in the day. I went to several GameStops (maybe Funco Land still) and they would tell me that it didn't exist and/or I was thinking of the Super Nintendo version. I'm glad to see that it was real!

18 minutes ago, Derek said:

And that NES Tournament Fighter game seemed illusive AF. I remember looking for it back in the day. I went to several GameStops (maybe Funco Land still) and they would tell me that it didn't exist and/or I was thinking of the Super Nintendo version. I'm glad to see that it was real!

I have the Genesis version :cool:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

I didn't have trouble with the water level, the problem was after on the streets, I'd often get run over. If I managed to avoid getting run over, I'd die in the indoor areas (I think the problem was a tricky jump on the top level where I'd keep falling down, you had to time the jump right and attack with Donatello at the right moment to avoid getting hit and falling). I did get past it with the Game Genie and finished the game.

I don't know if we're thinking of the same jump, but I think there was one really frustrating one. I tried numerous times and then found out you just walk right over it lol. I could have that wrong, though. It has been a minute.

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'd actually be interested to see how involved Konami was in making this game. My guess is it was a Sonic Mania situation and Digital Eclipse asked, "Can we make this?" and Konami said, "K" rather than Konami actually wanting to make the collection. If it's the former then you should be asking someone else to have the ambition to work on a port and getting Konami's blessing.

I'm sure they had jack crap too do with it. It seems they haven't been interested in making games for a long while now 

6 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I'm sure they had jack crap too do with it. It seems they haven't been interested in making games for a long while now 

Hey man. They made a new Tokimeki Memorial game in 2021. Anything is possible!

share_img.png
WWW.KONAMI.COM

女の子向け恋愛シミュレーション「ときめきメモリアル Girl's Side 4th Heart」の情報ページです。

15 minutes ago, Derek said:

I don't know if we're thinking of the same jump, but I think there was one really frustrating one. I tried numerous times and then found out you just walk right over it lol. I could have that wrong, though. It has been a minute.

I may have also had some trouble with that one but that's not what I'm thinking of.

The one you're thinking of is shown multiple times but a bit after 5 minutes you can see it and right after it shows what I'm pretty sure was the one I was talking about. The jump is before the underwater part so it looks like I was remembering wrong about when it was.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

I feel like the obvious answer is no the game is bad, but... is that game kinda good? I mean other than some shit segments? 

I literally can't tell because I it's one of the few pieces of media I consumed in very large chunks as a child who had no interest in analyzing the quality of the thing put in front of me, and I have not touched it since. 

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I feel like the obvious answer is no the game is bad, but... is that game kinda good? I mean other than some shit segments? 

I literally can't tell because I it's one of the few pieces of media I consumed in very large chunks as a child who had no interest in analyzing the quality of the thing put in front of me, and I have not touched it since. 

That's the thing. Nostalgia has me all twisted up. I believe the game is shite, but out of that collection, it's the one I want to revisit the most.