TDP 150W Up To 290W TBA
Memory 8GB GDDR5 Up To 16GB HBM2 32GB HBM2
Speed 8Gbps 
(2000 MHz)
950 MHz 1250 MHz
Memory Bus 256bit 2048bit 4096bit
PCI Express 3.0 3.0 TBA
Bandwidth 256 GB/s 484 GB/s 1.28 Terabyte/s

IF true, they will once again be in the "pole position", at least for classic rasterized graphics. 

For those that don't follow this kind of stuff closely:

Titan Xp = 12Tflops

Titan V = 15Tflops

Now both GPU  makers are known for over promising and under delivering, but still, even at 17-18Tflops, this card would be a total beast!

Despite AMD not being to compete with Nvidia's high end on 12/14nm process, having a node advantage is a really big deal when it comes to GPUs.  Whatever, and if there are any, inefficiencies in design from both a hardware and driver perspective there may between the next AMD and Nvidia cards can be entirely mitigated and masked by AMD having that node advantage.  Vega right now is still performance competitive with the GTX 1080 and 1070.  Shrink that down, beef up the shader count, and do like they're famous for and undercut the RTX lineup on pricing and they could actually be viable competition again at the high end.  The RTX will then just appeal to those who want to be early adopters of the Ray Tracing tech, but for other 4k users just looking for solid framerates Vega 20 could be a great value option until the second and third generation RTX lineup - or whatever answer AMD might come up for Ray Tracing.

8 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Despite AMD not being to compete with Nvidia's high end on 12/14nm process, having a node advantage is a really big deal when it comes to GPUs.  Whatever, and if there are any, inefficiencies in design from both a hardware and driver perspective there may between the next AMD and Nvidia cards can be entirely mitigated and masked by AMD having that node advantage.  Vega right now is still performance competitive with the GTX 1080 and 1070.  Shrink that down, beef up the shader count, and do like they're famous for and undercut the RTX lineup on pricing and they could actually be viable competition again at the high end.  The RTX will then just appeal to those who want to be early adopters of the Ray Tracing tech, but for other 4k users just looking for solid framerates Vega 20 could be a great value option until the second and third generation RTX lineup - or whatever answer AMD might come up for Ray Tracing.

I think this is a pretty reasonable outcome unless AMD genuinely poops the bed on this architecture. 

1 minute ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Which could happen.  Vega 64 was not very efficient, using A LOT more power than the 1080 while at best performing on par.

Agreed, but i suspect that they will not follow Nvidia and try to wedge a bunch of different cores onto their die. So they really have to want to fuck this up to not end up with a price and performance competitive card, at least for FP32 functions. 

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

Agreed, but i suspect that they will not follow Nvidia and try to wedge a bunch of different cores onto their die. So they really have to want to fuck this up to not end up with a price and performance competitive card, at least for FP32 functions. 

Yeah, I agree.  Their best bet is to use the shrink down to 7nm as a pipecleaner - as some call it.  Keep the architectural changes minor and focus on just increasing the shader count in order to get the product out quicker and with fewer problems.  Then the second iteration of 7nm cards can focus on adding CRAZY new features.   AMD has been doing this approach since the HD 4800 days.

If these are actually highend cards this is AMAZING NEWS. I honestly think the biggest selling point to AMD graphics cards is the market for Freesync monitors. We have a hard limit right now for the performance you can get on a Freesync monitor (unless you can use this workaround) so pushing the performance available for a 4k Freesync monitor would be tremendous.

And yeah never read too much into AMD TFLOP numbers.

This will be very interesting and can potentially shake up the market for a single generation.

My points:

-IF they hit 18-20TF, it will be faster than the 2080 cards.

-nVidia is focusing more on the Ray Tracing algorithms this next cycle, which will hamper their rasterization performance, giving AMD a bit of a chance to shine even further.

-If we follow price history, their price for the high end will probably be in the $500-600 range, which is far less than the nVidia cards.  

All in all, we could be in a position where AMD delivers a faster, cheaper card than the 2080/2080Ti, giving nVidia a bit of a kick to the balls for a product cycle.  

I really hope this happens.  I usually buy nVidia cards, but nVidia, like Intel, need a good kick in the ass.  

*grabs popcorn*

Let's wait for benchmarks -- listening to the rumours always has AMD being next big thing.  Let's wait until they actually put something in the market out that has benchmarks.

We don't even know how the already announced NVidia cards actually perform, let alone some unannounced AMD card.

And it will be interesting to see what looks better for gaming -- a 1080p ray traced image, or a 4k traditionally rendered image.  I have no idea who is going in "the right" direction.

And +1 to @Reputator 's point -- no consumer card is going to have 32GB of HBM2.