What’s the best live music show you’ve ever seen?

Dodger

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's definitely something people talk about when praising Iron Maiden shows.

Maybe back in the day but from 2000 on they've just put on pretty straightforward shows. I even saw them in Irvine. They were good but there were no theatrics involved.

On 5/22/2022 at 4:20 PM, Phaseknox said:

I didn’t realize that we had discussed this before, my memory isn’t quite what it used to be. I really like Wolfsheim, Funker Vogt, The Cruxshadows and KMFDM. Wolfsheim unfortunately broke up, but the others are still active and release new albums. Funker Vogt has a new singer, but he’s good.

I’m glad that you like the new Deathline International album, you might want to check out their previous stuff as well. I sampled the new The Spirit album, and while it’s good it’s not quite my thing as black, death and doom metal can be a bit too brutal/harsh for me. I like some of it, but I’m more into goth, industrial, power and symphonic metal. However, I think that @SimpleG would like it. He’s really into that kind of music.

I also prefer goth, industrial, progressive (corrected power for you) and symphonic metal however every now and then something brutal just hits right for me and when it does it usually sits at the top of my list for the year.

4 hours ago, DPCyric said:

I also prefer goth, industrial, progressive (corrected power for you) and symphonic metal however every now and then something brutal just hits right for me and when it does it usually sits at the top of my list for the year.

There’s so many different metal subgenres that it’s hard for me to keep up with them all. :p I just really dig metal with goth, industrial and/or symphonic elements. And I tend to prefer female vocals to male vocals, but I also like a mix of female and male vocals (beauty and the beast). Female vocals are usually my preference in rock music, too. I do like some outright brutal music at times as well, but I admit that I’ve mellowed a bit as I’ve gotten older.

14 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

There’s so many different metal subgenres that it’s hard for me to keep up with them all. :p I just really dig metal with goth, industrial and/or symphonic elements. And I tend to prefer female vocals to male vocals, but I also like a mix of female and male vocals (beauty and the beast). Female vocals are usually my preference in rock music, too. I do like some outright brutal music at times as well, but I admit that I’ve mellowed a bit as I’ve gotten older.

I'm the opposite I've grown lest angsty and way more angry the metal I listen to now I wouldn't have 20 years ago.