Black Star are May 2022

Holy shit out of nowhere.

p-11.jpeg?w=1000
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

Black Star, the duo of Yasiin Bey and Talib Kweli, have reunited for their new album in nearly a quarter-century, 'No Fear of Time.'

Yasiin Bey and Talib Kweli are releasing a new Black Star album a month and a half from now on May 3...exclusively on Luminary. Eh, we can't all be perfect.

Black-Star-No-Fear-Of-Time-Luminary.png
LUMINARYPODCASTS.COM

No Fear of Time is the long awaited second album from Black Star, the iconic hip-hop duo of yasiin bey and Talib Kweli. Coming soon, only on Luminary.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Wow, this is awesome. Also for some reason I never remember he doesn't perform as Mos Def anymore.

That's because he hasn't actually done much under his new name, even if he's been using it for years. He's been in a couple of movies that didn't really make a splash and "released" some music that was never actually released. His last actually released album was released as Mos Def and his last major acting gig was in Dexter and most of that was done under the name Mos Def.

A shame because he's legitimately a good actor, so I'd love to see more of him. I'm also a huge fan of his music, so a new Black Star album dropping in just weeks is huge.

8 hours ago, Iculus said:

What drives me wild about this album is that it was originally announced like back in 2018. I assumed that no matter how much anyone spoke about it, it just wasn't going to happen because of whatever timing getting deported from Africa weirdness that stopped their schedules from lining up.

Ha, I found it.

artworks-000300440895-abgjg1-t500x500.jp
M.SOUNDCLOUD.COM

Stream Yasiin Bey announces MADLIB x BLACKSTAR from Madlib's DJ set in Denver 02/11/18) by mellowtooth on desktop and mobile. Play over 265 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.

17 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

As iconic as the original black Star album was, nothing either of them has put out in a long time makes me particularly excited for this

I was going to say Eardrum was pretty good, but I looked it up and that came out 15 years ago. :|

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...