Street Fighter 6 (PlayStation consoles/Xbox Series/PC) - "Akuma Gameplay" trailer

Keyser_Soze

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Not too surprising the two Shotos are at the top. I'd imagine Ken's popularity is even stronger since Daigo is playing him. Likewise Punk is making Cammy look good, even though she's kinda hard to use.

Cammy completely bamboozles me when I fight her. I should practice with her cuz I can’t tell what her command grabs are. For all the Honda hype I have not fought one. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

Cammy completely bamboozles me when I fight her. I should practice with her cuz I can’t tell what her command grabs are. For all the Honda hype I have not fought one. 

Yeah she's just all about being quick and zipping around all over the place.

1 hour ago, ort said:
230609170103-colombian-children-found-06
WWW.CNN.COM

Four young children have been found alive after more than a month wandering the Colombian Amazon, according to Colombia’s President Gustavo Petro.

Hopefully they get to play some street fighter when they get home.

4 hours ago, ort said:
230609170103-colombian-children-found-06
WWW.CNN.COM

Four young children have been found alive after more than a month wandering the Colombian Amazon, according to Colombia’s President Gustavo Petro.

I don't think I understand the context of this story in this thread (not a big SF guy), but if this story is actually 100% true, that 13 year-old is the ultimate fucking MVP. Absolutely incredible.

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

How the fuck do you turn off modern controls for multiplayer matches? I swear I’m not seeing it, I changed Avatar. Is there like a section within the hub I need to walk to?

I really don’t go to the Hub. I go to the Fighting Ground and either play casual or ranked fights. There you can choose your fighting style when you select battle settings. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

How the fuck do you turn off modern controls for multiplayer matches? I swear I’m not seeing it, I changed Avatar. Is there like a section within the hub I need to walk to?

It's in that menu where you select the fighter you want to play as in multiplayer, when you select the character you select the controls you want.

48 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Everyone just playing randomly or something? Is there a club or anything yet?

Yes look at the first page of the thread for infos.

7 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

First page?! Do you guys know how THREADS work? You have to keep reposting it every page so I can keep up!

Well it was quoted many times and I though it would be a smart move to just put it in the first post so it would be easy to find. I'll remove it now thanks!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's in that menu where you select the fighter you want to play as in multiplayer, when you select the character you select the controls you want.

Yes look at the first page of the thread for infos.

ok thx that did it - really wish there was just a “set EVERYTHING to classic” option when you started the game

I did three rounds since changing controls and won them all so that’s enough for now I’m going to retire on top

9 hours ago, stepee said:

I’ve done it several times and I still can’t consistently tell a person how to do it. It’s on the multi menu somewhere then go into your battle profile somehow and then you’ll be able to switch your character for multi and then you hit triangle or square over that character and you can change it… they also mercifully added a “change for all” button. 

Caveat there are like 2 versions of that menu I swear to god and one of them doesn’t have that option to hit triangle or  square to change it. I might be crazy but I looked at it for like 5 mins yesterday trying to do it. I ranted about this in the demo thread I think. 

Personally I think modern game menus are the most perplexing and awful designs and I can’t for the life of me figure out what in the world they are thinking with this shit. It’s absolutely infuriating to me.

• True 1

14 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I’ve done it several times and I still can’t consistently tell a person how to do it. It’s on the multi menu somewhere then go into your battle profile somehow and then you’ll be able to switch your character for multi and then you hit triangle or square over that character and you can change it… they also mercifully added a “change for all” button. 

Caveat there are like 2 versions of that menu I swear to god and one of them doesn’t have that option to hit triangle or  square to change it. I might be crazy but I looked at it for like 5 mins yesterday trying to do it. I ranted about this in the demo thread I think. 

Personally I think modern game menus are the most perplexing and awful designs and I can’t for the life of me figure out what in the world they are thinking with this shit. It’s absolutely infuriating to me.

Yeah a couple days ago I wanted to change my avatar pose, or at least see what I could change it to. But I couldn't find it. I could only find the menu that let me look at my own profile. Then the next day I found the menu to do it looking for something else. :silly:

When it comes to fighting games I am a Tekken guy. But I’ve really been enjoying SF6. Between the World Tour Mode, Battle Hub, Ranked and Casual online matches, and each characters story mode I am having a blast. The overall fun factor is giving Tekken a run for its money. 

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm not very good but managed to take a best of 4 of 7 off of a Kimberly in casual match. :p

That was my first fight. Feels goodman.

Yeah it does feel good. I can tell each time I sit down and have a play session I keep learning and getting better. It’s very satisfying. 

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yeah it does feel good. I can tell each time I sit down and have a play session I keep learning and getting better. It’s very satisfying. 

Basically Manon can get her ass kicked the whole match but is good as long as she gets her throw stacks up. :p

Started the single player tour and I could see it getting pretty addictive. It does feel like they merged Street Fighter into Final Fight in a way. My biggest complaint is still I wish I could have just played as Ryu or something. But at least it does have the other characters in it and there does seem to be a little bit of story outside of standard tutorial fare. 

I finally got in a few wins in last night after getting my ass handed the last few matches. I need to learn how to do the new special stuff proper like parring and dive moves, Im still playing it like Alpha series. I definitely have no chance atm against anyone who really knows how to play properly and chain efficient combos. I can just tell the type of fighter right away and if I have a shot or not. That Im playing any game online at all just shows how much I love this though.

The single player has more budget and cinematic flair than I anticipated. It’s moving a bit more beyond just a NBA2K style story mode into some more fun SF lore type stuff. And I love how you fight multiple enemy’s at once and that it’s in Metro City so it ends up feeling like some sort of Final Fight/SF crossover which is exactly what this should be.

They just gotta do a one off dlc that adds Cody/Haggar/Guile/Poison and also adds a side story where you can play as them in the world tour mode and fight classic Final Fight enemy’s. THEY GOTTA.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I finally got in a few wins in last night after getting my ass handed the last few matches. I need to learn how to do the new special stuff proper like parring and dive moves, Im still playing it like Alpha series. I definitely have no chance atm against anyone who really knows how to play properly and chain efficient combos. I can just tell the type of fighter right away and if I have a shot or not. That Im playing any game online at all just shows how much I love this though.

The single player has more budget and cinematic flair than I anticipated. It’s moving a bit more beyond just a NBA2K style story mode into some more fun SF lore type stuff. And I love how you fight multiple enemy’s at once and that it’s in Metro City so it ends up feeling like some sort of Final Fight/SF crossover which is exactly what this should be.

They just gotta do a one off dlc that adds Cody/Haggar/Guile/Poison and also adds a side story where you can play as them in the world tour mode and fight classic Final Fight enemy’s. THEY GOTTA.

I can’t figure out how to use the special moves. The number in the lower left hand corner from 1-3. Never can use them which really handicaps me online. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I can’t figure out how to use the special moves. The number in the lower left hand corner from 1-3. Never can use them which really handicaps me online. 

Those are the super arts moves. I would practice with Ryu just to get an idea since his are super easy. Just do the fireball motion but do it twice before you hit punch (quarter circle forward, quarter circle forward, punch)and you should do one if you have the bars.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

There are three different ones you can do per level and it it depends on the character. Like Stepee said they mostly correspond to double quarter circle motions and a button.

For instance Manon's level 1, is two quarter circles forward and kick (I think) and she slides forward. But the level 2 (uses two bars) is her air kick thing, and her level 3 (uses 3 bars) is her critical art grab which is double quarter circle forward punch.

I'd recommend looking at the command list, it tells you. Also check out the character guides because they are really good at showing what the character is good at and when to use the moves, etc.

• Thanks 1

You guys really need to know how the two universal bars work + drive impact bare minimum if you want to play this game against other humans. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of YouTube guides to these things. But the drive gauge is the game in a lot of ways and if you’re not sure how it works you’re just setting yourself up for failure. 

• Like 1