Elizabeth Holmes found guilty on 4 of 11 charges

• Jason changed the title to Elizabeth Holmes found guilty on 4 of 11 charges
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
41 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Nah. I don't care when people--especially bad people--that don't have to worry about paying the rent lose a small percentage of their money. I do care when cancer patients, pregnant women, or hemophiliacs get botched results that endanger their healthcare decisions.

The state chose poor examples of patients as the ones they put on the stand at least didn’t have negative health outcomes from the errors. One of the errors wasn’t even due to faulty testing, it seems to have been purely typographical. I can understand why the jury rendered the verdict they did given the case that was presented 

The Daily Beast's headline reads Elizabeth Holmes Should Have Faced a Life Sentence and they lay out a case that she got off easy because she's a white collar criminal, given that the sentencing guidelines called for 80 years.

I'm not great a putting numbers to things like this, but 11 years feels about right in a vacuum, but you probably wouldn't have to try too hard to find someone who got way more time for far lesser crimes.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

The state chose poor examples of patients as the ones they put on the stand at least didn’t have negative health outcomes from the errors. One of the errors wasn’t even due to faulty testing, it seems to have been purely typographical. I can understand why the jury rendered the verdict they did given the case that was presented 

Yeah. But a jury ruling one way doesn’t take away the injustice of the situation. As far as I’m aware nobody has been punished for the only truly harmful thing that happened.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Also Corey Booker wrote the judge asking for leniency lmao. 

If he were asking for leniency for endangering people I’d say “fuck him” but I just can’t care about a bunch of rich people falling for her bullshit so in this case I don’t really care. She should get leniency for that, actually. :P

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 9:02 PM, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah. But a jury ruling one way doesn’t take away the injustice of the situation. As far as I’m aware nobody has been punished for the only truly harmful thing that happened.

If he were asking for leniency for endangering people I’d say “fuck him” but I just can’t care about a bunch of rich people falling for her bullshit so in this case I don’t really care. She should get leniency for that, actually. :P

No, she shouldn't, and she should have gotten more. White collar crime always hurts the poor more than the rich. I don't care what reason she's in prison, im just glad she's there. She knowingly harmed peoples medical care.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

No, she shouldn't, and she should have gotten more. White collar crime always hurts the poor more than the rich. I don't care what reason she's in prison, im just glad she's there. She knowingly harmed peoples medical care.

No, it doesn’t. We’re actually discussing a textbook case where it didn’t! 

22 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

No, it doesn’t. We’re actually discussing a textbook case where it didn’t! 

She knew her tech didn't work, and still passed off the results. That's harm.

Again, to hell with her, I hope every day she has in prison is worse than the last. She deserves everything she's getting and more.

social
WWW.WSJ.COM

They led to changes in medical treatment and a scramble for answers; some patients weren’t told for months about unreliable results

but yeah, she didn't harm anyone.... stop caping for rich criminals. 

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

She knew her tech didn't work, and still passed off the results. That's harm.

Again, to hell with her, I hope every day she has in prison is worse than the last. She deserves everything she's getting and more.

social
WWW.WSJ.COM

They led to changes in medical treatment and a scramble for answers; some patients weren’t told for months about unreliable results

but yeah, she didn't harm anyone.... stop caping for rich criminals. 

Dude I am in agreement with you that she harmed people with faulty medical testing and dishonesty about it. But that's not what she's going to jail for! Reasons matter. And it is completely horrible optics that she's going to jail because some VCs lost a few bucks and not because she hurt people.

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

Dude I am in agreement with you that she harmed people with faulty medical testing and dishonesty about it. But that's not what she's going to jail for! Reasons matter. And it is completely horrible optics that she's going to jail because some VCs lost a few bucks and not because she hurt people.

Im saying I don't care why she's in jail, just that she's there and deserves it. I would prefer she went to prison for the harm she caused, but this is fine. 

But i misunderstood, I thought you said "not in this case" in relation to me saying white collar crime always hurts the poor the most". 

Just now, BloodyHell said:

Im saying I don't care why she's in jail, just that she's there and deserves it. I would prefer she went to prison for the harm she caused, but this is fine. 

But i misunderstood, I thought you said "not in this case" in relation to me saying white collar crime always hurts the poor the most". 

I see. Yeah I could have worded that better. And also when you were saying 'white collar crime' my simple brain only went to the financial fraud.