Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection - Information Thread, update: PC release announced for October 19 (Steam/EGS)

Brian

• 7 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection - Information Thread, update: PC release announced for October 19 (Steam/EGS)
  • 1 month later...
On 9/15/2022 at 8:15 AM, stepee said:

Niiicccce. Wonder what will look more impressive, finally seeing last gen Naughty Dog at 4k/60+ or seeing a damn handheld running it.

Wasn’t planning on the 4090 when I wrote this, I can answer that it’s most impressive running at locked 4k/120, looks incredible. Game is still a blast too, can’t wait to get a little further in when the action heats up. That slide in the mud while hanging on to the car scene is going to look rad af.

37 minutes ago, stepee said:

Wasn’t planning on the 4090 when I wrote this, I can answer that it’s most impressive running at locked 4k/120, looks incredible. Game is still a blast too, can’t wait to get a little further in when the action heats up. That slide in the mud while hanging on to the car scene is going to look rad af.

Actually maybe it’s a tie because it’s damn impressive seeing this on a handheld. Really one of those games that hits home what a generational leap the deck is over a switch.

The leap definitely stands out more than the current gen console leap. Partly because it’s like jumping straight from ps3 to the end of ps4 gen while consoles are getting warmed up still.

Nobody is going to confuse this with a switch game

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

Played a bunch on deck last night and this game is still a blast but forgot how slow the start is, you don’t fire a gun as drake until the end of chapter 7! Of course everything is all pretty and I actually like the story in UC4 so it’s fine.

Yea which is what made me stop. I had too much to play when I got my PS5 but the slow start didn't help things. It still looks great and is a great game so I'll probably get back to it. 

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea which is what made me stop. I had too much to play when I got my PS5 but the slow start didn't help things. It still looks great and is a great game so I'll probably get back to it. 

Just get to chapter 7 and it all kicks off! Uncharted feels great at high frame rates now.

Just now, best3444 said:

Oh I know lol. And yes, I tried it at 120fps and it was awesome but 1080p on the PS5 is not worth it for me. 60 is perfectly fine.

Oh yeah, I said high frame rate not 120fps, because I wouldn’t play it at 1080p either. Playing it on deck at 60fps though (moonlight) and it’s still great. I’m sure 40hz feels way better than 30 used to as well.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh yeah, I said high frame rate not 120fps, because I wouldn’t play it at 1080p either. Playing it on deck at 60fps though (moonlight) and it’s still great. I’m sure 40hz feels way better than 30 used to as well.

I forget what the resolution is when I play it at 60fps? I stayed with that on PS5.

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie Started playing this again after binging on TLOU.

Gunna beat it. I'm already on chapter 6 and that's when things get good!

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol reading my own impressions I’m going back to this after work today too

Uncharted is my GOAT. It’s like TLoU but without being creepy or scary. I hate that shit. 

• True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

And it looks incredible on the PS5 version 

Coming off TLOU part 1 and TLOU 2, this still looks really fucking good. I believe this is from 2016 and minus a few technical issues that show it's age a little bit, it's still a looker. Plus the story and characters are so well done in this. 

• True 1

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

And it looks incredible on the PS5 version 

I was smart and did a save spot right when the “truck drags you through the mud then you vehicle hop” section so I can load it up any time.

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Coming off TLOU part 1 and TLOU 2, this still looks really fucking good. I believe this is from 2016 and minus a few technical issues that show it's age a little bit, it's still a looker. Plus the story and characters are so well done in this. 

TBF to the advancements to those games, this isn’t a remake like part 1 but they did make some nice improvements to this for the ps5/pc version that make it look better than the 2016 release beyond res/frame rates but even still yeah a remarkable accomplishment back in 2016 that really set the bar that we are just now moving past

• Halal 1