One of my coworkers died

Fizzzzle

He didn't show up for work on Thursday. He liked to party, so everyone just assumed he probably hit it a little too hard the previous night and no one thought much of it. One of my friends got a text from his mom today saying he died. She didn't say how.

I didn't know him all that well. He wasn't sick, he was like 22 or 23, so that makes me think it was a car accident, suicide, or overdose.

It's one of those things that makes you... introspective, to say the least.

• Sad 1

A girl I briefly dated a few years ago died recently from Covid.  We were Facebook friends, but not real life friends, but it still hit me kind of hard due to the shock of it, especially since she had just posted something not long before and it was just a normal silly Facebook post.

My mom and I was talking a couple weeks back about some old childhood friends and what they are up to. I lost touch with two of them after high school so I did a quick Google search and found both are dead.  I was shocked to say the least. One died from cancer and the other from alcoholism. 

Almost 6 years back I was a few years into my new job, and found out my former projectionist co-worker passed away suddenly. He was an older gentleman but in good health, and his wife came home to find him dead in bathroom of a heart aneurism. Found out from my sister who found out from Facebook post by a former manager. I think I had a quick email “how’s things” catch-up kind of thing just a month or 2 beforehand, with plans to have lunch together. 

Had something similar happen a few years ago. Guy didn't show up to work after his birthday and we found out near the end of the day he had passed. Young kid, in his 20s I think. Big shock to everyone. 

When I was in college a guy I worked with decided to lift alone after drinking, the bar came down on his chest and he passed away as well. He was probably in his late teens or early 20s. 

Two years ago at work the year started with one co-worker die in a car crash, half way through the year the plant supervisor died of a massive heart attack and lastly a co-worker went home a couple hours into the shift someone else said see you tomorrow... he said "no you won't" then went home and blew his brains out :| That person I handed the machine off to at 7 in the morning had some jokes with him and went home </3