The Tragedy Of Macbeth Trailer

SimpleG

16 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I'm a simpleton that doesn't really "get" Shakespeare, but you put Denzel and McDormand in a Coen Brothers movie, I'll watch it. 

what don't you get about him? Is it his style? the old English? I will say I wasn't a fan back in high school when we were forced to read him, but I've become a fan. Of course I think there is a big difference between reading his work and seeing his work acted out as it was intended. 

16 hours ago, Komusha said:

Not to be THAT person, but this isn’t a Coen Brothers movie, it’s a Joel Coen movies. The brothers have recently decided to go their own ways creatively, so the Coen Bros are no more.

I do think this is an important distinction to make. Indeed, they have parted ways amicably creatively. Note that it was Ethan Coen originally who went uncredited as co-director with Joel because of the DGA. Eventually that was fixed, but now it's just back to Joel Coen again, truly this time. It seems Joel always liked directing more than Ethan according to Ethan Coen.

I want it on record that I had the “s” in “Coen Brothers” crossed out from the beginning! :p

On 9/22/2021 at 10:19 AM, EternallDarkness said:

what don't you get about him? Is it his style? the old English? I will say I wasn't a fan back in high school when we were forced to read him, but I've become a fan. Of course I think there is a big difference between reading his work and seeing his work acted out as it was intended. 

I don’t know. I guess it’s less about him specifically, and more about old shit in general. :p I don’t know the history and I barely understand the language, so it often just feels impenetrable. It feels like I would have to really put in work to appreciate a Henry V or whatever. And I don’t feel up to it. 

6 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I want it on record that I had the “s” in “Coen Brothers” crossed out from the beginning! :p

I don’t know. I guess it’s less about him specifically, and more about old shit in general. :p I don’t know the history and I barely understand the language, so it often just feels impenetrable. It feels like I would have to really put in work to appreciate a Henry V or whatever. And I don’t feel up to it. 

I can understand that. Like I said, back in high school I was not a fan, definitely had issues with the old English