Jackass 4ever (Trailer #2 added)

I'm excited because they are. I've listened to plenty of interviews and podcasts where they're like we're all on board.  especially knoxville and steve-o. They're both (in the case of knoxville mostly) sober and like this is what they want to do. I'm happy to watch dudes launch themselves in portopotty trash cans is if that's what they want to do 

• silentbob changed the title to Jackass 4ever (Trailer #2 added)
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 3:25 PM, Chris- said:

I was a bit cynical about a fourth film (especially seeing how time has caught up to some of them), but hearing their exuberance washed that all away. I am there day one. 

I was indeed there day one and it ruled, such a great cinema experience. Not the best in the series but it was pretty damn good. 

On 1/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, LazyPiranha said:

All the executives who pushed their releases to early 2022 probably jumping out of windows right now.  

There was one major studio wide release in the entire month of January!

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

There was one major studio wide release in the entire month of January!

I was more referring to the omicron surge seeming to, anecdotally anyway, reduce people’s willingness to go to theaters in comparison to October or so last year when things we’re doing better case wise.  

17 minutes ago, Komusha said:

We almost got Morbius last month. I think some other stuff was moved to later over omicron worries.

Morbius was definitely not moved due to Omicron. I actually can’t think of anything that was, as January had already been pretty bare prior to Omicron catching on. But I know for sure that wasn’t Sony’s reasoning.

And it kinda makes sense that January was particularly weak in 2022, and that is because Hollywood mostly views as a time for more grown up content with kids just having come off the Christmas break and parents having spent loads of $$ on their kids. But these are also the films that attract the part of the moviegoing audience that isn’t really back yet, as we have discussed previously.

Had a manager go see this on the weekend and loved it. Now he did tell me that he had an edible, sativa joint before watching . . . and just over a gram of Magic Shrooms too (micro-dosing they said) Plus a bunch food ordered to his seat with 5 of his buddies joining too (minus shrooms for them) I’ll wait for the disc release as they I’m still nervous to go out right now. 

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Had a manager go see this on the weekend and loved it. Now he did tell me that he had an edible, sativa joint before watching . . . and just over a gram of Magic Shrooms too (micro-dosing they said) Plus a bunch food ordered to his seat with 5 of his buddies joining too (minus shrooms for them) I’ll wait for the disc release as they I’m still nervous to go out right now. 

We had some edibles and hit up the theatre bar at a fair clip, and also snuck in an airplane bottle of whiskey to mix in some fountain soda. A respectable level of degeneracy. 

Just now, Chris- said:

We bought popcorn and candy too, amazing how many marks you can nail with the high-margin goods when you lower your admittance standards.

Me and my bud went to see Arcade Fire a few years back and he brought a small bottle of rum he had started. Next thing I know we are buying a bottle of coke in Toronto for him. Stepped outside and dumps half down the sewer and poured the rest of the rum inside. We made a day of it in Toronto. So he snuck his drink into a theatre for a movie, we grabbed some supper afterwards and off to our concert. He said he had just the right amount of “concert buzz” that he wanted. Can’t wait to attend my first concert high on my weed and hopefully that will be in July with The Foo Fighters (god willing)

Laughed very, very hard for at least a good 30-45 minutes. I do feel like there isn’t enough variety in the stunts to sustain a feature length run time though. I think this is just an inherent problem of the series, it’s a format better suited for television.