Level-5 hiring for "new RPG project"

Fizzzzle

Level-5.png
WWW.DESTRUCTOID.COM

The good news is that Level-5 has seemingly recovered, and is planning a "completely new project" that will be a completely new RPG.

They've fallen off, their last successful game being Ni no Kuni 2. I'm still excited, though.

However, I'm not holding my breath. Unless this gets picked up by Bamco, Sega, or Nintendo, I doubt we'll ever see it ported to the west 

Some people are hopefully speculating it's Dark Cloud 3. That would be dope, but I think it's something new altogether. It would be awesome if it's some kind of spiritual successor to Rogue Galaxy.

15 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:
Level-5.png
WWW.DESTRUCTOID.COM

The good news is that Level-5 has seemingly recovered, and is planning a "completely new project" that will be a completely new RPG.

They've fallen off, their last successful game being Ni no Kuni 2. I'm still excited, though.

However, I'm not holding my breath. Unless this gets picked up by Bamco, Sega, or Nintendo, I doubt we'll ever see it ported to the west 

Some people are hopefully speculating it's Dark Cloud 3. That would be dope, but I think it's something new altogether. It would be awesome if it's some kind of spiritual successor to Rogue Galaxy.

Ni no kuni 2 was so bad compared to the original.

While I hope this new game is good, Level-5 hasn't made a good game since Rogue Galaxy and Jeanne d'Arc came out in 2007 and Dragon Quest IX in 2009. I was really looking forward to White Knight Chronicles and that game got reviewed to hell (as did its sequel, White Knight Chronicles II). I hear Ni no Kuni II was also pretty weaksauce. Some people really liked the original Ni no Kuni (I didn't, but I wasn't its target audience) so that might count (ignoring all of Level-5's Professor Layton games of course). 

Point being, I don't have much hope for this to be good with the current Level-5. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

While I hope this new game is good, Level-5 hasn't made a good game since Rogue Galaxy and Jeanne d'Arc came out in 2007 and Dragon Quest IX in 2009. I was really looking forward to White Knight Chronicles and that game got reviewed to hell (as did its sequel, White Knight Chronicles II). I hear Ni no Kuni II was also pretty weaksauce. Some people really liked the original Ni no Kuni (I didn't, but I wasn't its target audience) so that might count (ignoring all of Level-5's Professor Layton games of course). 

Point being, I don't have much hope for this to be good with the current Level-5. 

I liked Ni no Kuni 2, but I'd say it's nothing to write home about. Like you could never play it and you're not missing out on much

Jeanne d'arc was fucking awesome

7 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I liked Ni no Kuni 2, but I'd say it's nothing to write home about. Like you could never play it and you're not missing out on much

Jeanne d'arc was fucking awesome

Yeah it was! I agree. It's just White Knight Chronicles 1+2 and Ni no Kuni 1+2 just weren't my bag so it's been a long while since I cared about a Level-5 game.