Sniper Ghost Warrior Presser = Big Ole WTF

SimpleG

PXL_20210605_215115170.jpg?q=50&fit=crop

As we run drills, no one refers to the people we’re learning to kill as Muslim, Middle Eastern, or Arab. Any time the instructors refer to them, they say enemies, bad guys, or the other guys. Of course, it’s impossible to ignore the fact that “the bad guys” are most certainly Arabs here. At the end of the day, we run a combat scenario where we trade fire with role-players dressed in white robes and keffiyehs. The actors are all white, I think, and I can’t decide what’s worse: white people dressing up like Arabs to be shot at, or subjecting actual Arab people to this experience.

When the combat scenario starts, Tosh shows my team a map and explains the route we’re going to take through the facility. He points towards the role-players dressed like Arabs and says, “Those guys over there have killed a lot of good Americans

98% of me is asking why they ever thought something like this would go over well. They should've seen this coming a mile away.

The other 2% of me is like, well... that's who we've been fighting since the early 90's. If our conflicts had mainly been against Canadians... they probably would've been shooting at Canadians. Is it stereotypical and insensitive? Yes. Do they have to train to fight in the places they've been fighting, who they've been fighting against? Also yes.

Not saying it's right... but it is what it is. If you're expecting the Army to care about your feelings... well.....

What’s up with the crazy trump flag? Was that part of the staging or just something the training place has? Anyway, yeah our obsession with hating middle easterners is pretty nasty, the fact that this is just what we do to normally train soldiers to murder Arabs doesn’t make it that much better to me.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

What’s up with the crazy trump flag? Was that part of the staging or just something the training place has? Anyway, yeah our obsession with hating middle easterners is pretty nasty, the fact that this is just what we do to normally train soldiers to murder Arabs doesn’t make it that much better to me.

It's not part of the staging.

10 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

98% of me is asking why they ever thought something like this would go over well. They should've seen this coming a mile away.

The other 2% of me is like, well... that's who we've been fighting since the early 90's. If our conflicts had mainly been against Canadians... they probably would've been shooting at Canadians. Is it stereotypical and insensitive? Yes. Do they have to train to fight in the places they've been fighting, who they've been fighting against? Also yes.

Not saying it's right... but it is what it is. If you're expecting the Army to care about your feelings... well.....

When the military conducts OPFOR-related training scenarios, the OPFOR players aren't dressed like that at all.

So this is a privately owned military training facility? Seems like a weird fucking fetish factory with the civilian training sessions like this. Like you are a civilian, why do you have to shoot a bunch of Arabs unless like you want to shoot a bunch of Arabs.

And the people running this brown people killing simulator have a trump flag that says fucking REVENGE TOUR, that’s just fantastic, bodes well for the future.