Your E3 2021 game discoveries

crispy4000

Main conferences haven’t delivered in a big way (prior to Nintendo), but there’s a metric ton of indies and AA floating around.  What caught your attention D1P?

Love seeing more games attempt the Octopath thing.  May not quite match what we’re seeing out of Eiyuden Chronicle and the DQIII remake, but this is a noble effort.

Fun concept.  Really hope the execution nails it, unlike Skatebird *cough.*

Everyone’s been raving about Tunic being the next big indie Zelda-like.  Maybe it’s the Fox in the tunic, or the single person developer.  But this looks at least as good IMO.  Probably better.

2D Ghosts of Tsushima giving me old school Prince of Persia vibes.

Ignore the video promo art if you find it offputting.  This looks like Titanfall 2 x Superhot x Vanquish.  Watch it.

Nothing earth shattering here, but it looks like a fun platformer in the vein of Mario 3D world with a little bit of Zelda dashed in.

This is being made by people who splintered off from Playdead.  Should be clear enough from its presentation.

Speaking of Playdead, I also really enjoyed what I saw from this lighter hearted take by a new dev.

19 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Yup that's the one i was thinking of thank you!

Hopefully eventually I'll get the series X so i can try this out.

I'm trying it right now.  Knew nothing about it going in, but it has the Dark Souls, bon fire to heal up, but resets all enemies mechanic, which is something I like a lot typically.

Somerville is at the top of the list due to the fact that it's Playdead's next title. Limbo & Inside were just appetizers to what this game can potentially be in my humble opinion.

One thing I was shocked not to see anything about is "The Last Night", WHERE IS THIS GAME!?

I think one of the bigger standouts for me, especially after today, was Metal Slug Tactics.

It initially stood out because it looked like Advance Wars but add to the fact it actually retains the look of the Metal Slug art style is even better.

Nintendo revealed Advance Wars, it was hype for a second but then you saw it was just the first two games and the replaced all the great pixel art with ugly ass polygonal models. Add the turd icing on the top that it's $60 dollars. Metal Slug doesn't have a price but I don't think it will be priced at $60.