Virtual Fighter 5 Remake (Ulimate Showdown) announced, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

crispy4000

8 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

KOF isnt out yet but its not GG levels. It feels like a middle man between delay and roll back. You can feel the input delay, id say its more than serviceable 80% of the time.

That's what I've heard as well despite it not being out yet based on the demo I believe. That's why I was curious if this is more KOF or epic level Guilty Gear netcode. 

7 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

That's what I've heard as well despite it not being out yet based on the demo I believe. That's why I was curious if this is more KOF or epic level Guilty Gear netcode. 

I think if your goal is to jump in for a few hours a knock some heads it’s good. If you are waning to get competitive and really grind out I would maybe consider something else. The net code being good  is really based on how long Sega rents the servers for. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Look above. It uses google relays not proper rollback netcode. Like simpleG said, it's ok with input delay depending on how far away the person is.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Look above. It uses google relays not proper rollback netcode. Like simpleG said, it's ok with input delay depending on how far away the person is.

Yes, I see that. All that means to me is mediocre netcode, which is lame. Solvable though at least. 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

Yes, I see that. All that means to me is mediocre netcode, which is lame. Solvable though at least. 

This was a quick and dirty remaster, mostly improved the visuals, animations are roughly the same. To fix the netcode they would have to rebuild the game from the ground up so hope they decided to make a VF6 and put rollback into that game.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This was a quick and dirty remaster, mostly improved the visuals, animations are roughly the same. To fix the netcode they would have to rebuild the game from the ground up so hope they decided to make a VF6 and put rollback into that game.

Yeah but with no Yu Suzuki is a VF6 even gonna be good? I'll take the physicals and martial arts combat code over netcode any day. I'd prefer all of the above though.

21 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah but with no Yu Suzuki is a VF6 even gonna be good? I'll take the physicals and martial arts combat code over netcode any day. I'd prefer all of the above though.

Most of the people who are working on Yakuza were the ones who worked on Virtua Fighter, which is why it's in Yakuza, so if a new game were made I would say it would be in good hands. Yu Suzuki hasn't worked on a VF game past 4 and makes trash Shenmue games instead.

• Haha 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Virtual Fighter 5 Remake (Ulimate Showdown) announced, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...