Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (03 May 2024) - Drones now kill more soldiers than artillery or bullets

6 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

How many more routs do the Russians stand for before they go full-on war crimey scorched earth and start slaughtering Ukrainian civilians everywhere they can? 

I get the sense stuff like this might finally start to turn on the “crap, maybe victory isn’t inevitable” lightbulb amongst the Russian military.

I think Russia has already been slaughtering people in many regions, and I think we'll see evidence of that as Ukraine advances. Bucha wasn't a one-off, we are likely looking at hundreds of thousands dead and kidnapped. As to what they will do if this turns into a total collapse in the northern Donbas...I don't know. I suspect they will try and steal as much as they can, but I don't know about more massacres. But hard to say. The real question is what does Putin do.

I don't think there is much doubt now that Ukraine is going to win this war, including likely taking back Crimea. If they don't fully retake Kherson and Donbas this fall, then the winter will effectively be a pause on the war...and what happens during that pause? Russia can't build shit, and Ukraine is going to keep getting American and other NATO arms to prepare for a spring offensive.

27 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Good Christ, this is just ludicrous.

And besides, let's not start wishcasting for the collapse of a nuclear-armed state, shall we?

08790000-0a00-0242-7ba5-08da8a7d2974_w12
WWW.RFERL.ORG

The United States has called on Russia to immediately release imprisoned opposition politician Aleksei Navalny, who was recently sent to solitary confinement.

It feels like something is brewing though be it purge or in fighting. 

27 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Good Christ, this is just ludicrous.

And besides, let's not start wishcasting for the collapse of a nuclear-armed state, shall we?

Can't lose 10s of thousands of troops, machines, and ultimately lose in 6 months and come out the other side ok, Russia is about to go through some shit.  Their military was their identity and they're finding out its all shit.

36 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It appears that Russia is leaving the entire Kharkiv oblast. This is their greatest defeat since WWII. Troops 100km from the frontline have abandoned their positions and fled over the border. People are raising Ukrainian flags in their own (now empty) villages.

Its basically impossible to come back from this, try getting soldiers who just ran to now line back up and die, or even to trust they won't just do it again. 

• Hugs 1