Monster Hunter Rise - Sunbreak Expansion Coming June 30, 2022

Keyser_Soze

I think rampage missions would be a fun side mode to generate random content with various monsters, having it be part of main story progression and being so long makes them feel out of place. Usual alternative content like that in MH is shorter than normal hunts, not longer. A problem exacerbated by how short normal hunts are. 

To reiterate there are no rampage quests in sunbreak, so you pretty much only need to do the 3 or 4 that are part of the main game story and never touch them again.

In base game the end game revolved heavily around them to craft end game armors and gems but you can basically skip that now, the free armor you get is good enough to start hunting sunbreak stuff (you do have to beat the base game to unlock sb content though)

4 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

I'm going to have to agree with @Xbob42 this game is too easy, I already "beat" the story and working my way through post game content with very little trouble.

I will say that the new mechanic introduced in the post game monsters is very cool/fun though. Also glad there are no rampage missions in the expansion 

Do you play with other people? That makes the game a bit more challenging since the monsters scale up.

20 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Do you play with other people? That makes the game a bit more challenging since the monsters scale up.

Soloing is much harder against most monsters because you draw aggro more or less the entire fight and some monsters have very long enraged periods where they're pretty relentless.

I do both, I mainly stick to multiplayer because it is generally faster unless you queue with some bad players who faint a bunch and make you fail the quest.

13 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Haven't played online yet but I'm guessing this would likely end up describing me :p 

My best advice is don't be overly agressive, watch the monster attack patterns for like an entire minute before you even attempt to attack. Always eat food, never forget (defender, medic, and moxie 'dango' are very good if you faint a lot), and upgrade your armor. The champion set (black belt) you get free is good enough to get you through nearly the entire base game if you continue upgrading it

56 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

My best advice is don't be overly agressive, watch the monster attack patterns for like an entire minute before you even attempt to attack. Always eat food, never forget (defender, medic, and moxie 'dango' are very good if you faint a lot), and upgrade your armor. The champion set (black belt) you get free is good enough to get you through nearly the entire base game if you continue upgrading it

I'm not having much trouble at the moment. I'm 12+ hours in, reached 4 star and I think I might have 'died' once (though that might have actually been when I was screwing around with the demo, not the actual game) But history has shown me that when I play games online I always end up sucking. 

18 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Hit Master Rank 3 star quests. New monsters are fantastic. I always play online. Usually with friends but sometime I have to roll with randoms. I hate hunting alone. It’s so boring. 

The new monsters are definitely cool. I'm Master rank 30 and I'm still unlocking new hunts although at this point it's just variations of other monsters.

32 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Damn just tried to do the urgent quest to take out Magnamalo and got wrecked! :lol: just when I thought I was getting good the game told me think again 

Once you figure him out he becomes Magnabitch

Even though I hit the end credits on the base game already :lol: (granted it's way early in the game and I know there is still a crap ton left, but it also speaks to me being crazy addicted the game as I have already logged 20 hours on the game. Started messing with some of the HUB quests while still working on the 5* village quests, but my question(s) are. How high a level do the village quests go?  and at what point do I gain access to the Sunbreaker content? 

11 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Even though I hit the end credits on the base game already :lol: (granted it's way early in the game and I know there is still a crap ton left, but it also speaks to me being crazy addicted the game as I have already logged 20 hours on the game. Started messing with some of the HUB quests while still working on the 5* village quests, but my question(s) are. How high a level do the village quests go?  and at what point do I gain access to the Sunbreaker content? 

That's not the end, you have to do gathering hub to get to the end, there are still a whole lot more 

The game does a poor job of explaining that, honestly village quests shouldn't even exist they're kind of pointless, village quests ends at 5 star and they're all considered "low rank" and give low rank rewards

5 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

That's not the end, you have to do gathering hub to get to the end, there are still a whole lot more 

The game does a poor job of explaining that, honestly village quests shouldn't even exist they're kind of pointless 

oh I know...and honestly the game does a horrible job of explaining everything :lol: I had to watch a bunch of videos to learn stuff because the in game tutorials are crap. I still need to watch some on the buddies because I know I am not getting the most of out of them 

5 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

oh I know...and honestly the game does a horrible job of explaining everything :lol: I had to watch a bunch of videos to learn stuff because the in game tutorials are crap. I still need to watch some on the buddies because I know I am not getting the most of out of them 

Honestly there's a lot to learn, so much so that I feel like you will never fully grasp it all in your first monster hunter game, you need to play 2 or 3 before you know all of the ins and outs.

Gathering hub quests become "high rank" at hr4, the original ending is at hr7, but you need to get to hr50(?) IIRC to get the real ending and unlock sunbreak stuff. That may sound daunting but after hr7 you can fight whatever you want and your hr will go up ~1 levels per monster

1 hour ago, thedarkstark said:

Honestly there's a lot to learn, so much so that I feel like you will never fully grasp it all in your first monster hunter game, you need to play 2 or 3 before you know all of the ins and outs.

Gathering hub quests become "high rank" at hr4, the original ending is at hr7, but you need to get to hr50(?) IIRC to get the real ending and unlock sunbreak stuff. That may sound daunting but after hr7 you can fight whatever you want and your hr will go up ~1 levels per monster

I've been playing Monster Hunter on/off since the first launched. Actually even before it officially launched because I was part of the original online beta testing on the ps2. The thing is no matter how many I tried the game just never fully clicked with men except for the Stories games but totally not the same thing. Only this time it finally has clicked and I am loving it. 

9 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

You have to have finished the 7 star quest Goddess Serpent of Thunder in order to be able to access Sunbreak content 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Biggie said:

You have to have finished the 7 star quest Goddess Serpent of Thunder in order to be able to access Sunbreak content 

So I still have a ways to go. I have unlocked the 6 star village quests and done a few the HUB quests including several of the 'test' quests. I'm at the point where I need to do the 4 star urgent HUB request, the second rampage mission. Tried it and failed :( May need to practice some of the rampages to get a better handle on those missions. (they suck :p ...though I guess I could see how they might be fun if you played in a party) 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Have never used the insect glave before but decided to try it out. Flipping around in the air is pretty fun.

IG is my most used weapon by far, like it's not even close. 

I like the ability to close distance on monsters quickly as well as the ability to target and break specific parts with ease. It's also just super fun.