Entire Hitman trilogy will be playable on PSVR

SaysWho?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joeparlock/2020/08/06/hitman-3-will-support-playstation-vr-hitman-1-and-2-missions-will-also-be-playable-in-vr/#6ef2ede0b9c0

Full details on how exactly this will work in-game have yet to be confirmed. IO has already confirmed that every mission from Hitman, Hitman 2 and the upcoming Hitman 3 (dubbed the "World of Assassination Trilogy") will be playable, but I'd expect it to be an entirely distinct mode from the main game. I would like to be able to freely swap between VR and flatscreen modes in a single mission, but the chances of that are slip.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I didn’t watch the trailer, but I’d be fine with this not being first person. Non-first person VR is very underrated, IMO.

I think third-person VR is generally the lamest of the bunch since it (usually, there are exceptions) doesn't take advantage of the best part of VR: using your hands to interact with the world.

30 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I think third-person VR is generally the lamest of the bunch since it (usually, there are exceptions) doesn't take advantage of the best part of VR: using your hands to interact with the world.

Strong disagree. The sense of depth and scale in VR is amazing. I would love to play The Witcher 3 in VR and see those monsters in a 1:1 size scale.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Except something like Hitman or The Witcher 3 would control like ass in first person :flag:

Except I'd like to imagine that it wouldn't just literally be the same game in first-person. Hitman retooled for VR could be 10 times as hilarious as it currently is if you could interact with the world like a proper VR game!

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Except I'd like to imagine that it wouldn't just literally be the same game in first-person. Hitman retooled for VR could be 10 times as hilarious as it currently is if you could interact with the world like a proper VR game!

You’re asking for an exclusive VR game. That’s not what this is. If there’s not going to be an exclusive game tooled for VR, I’d rather the game just support it via the camera as opposed to having a 10 minute “VR Experience” BS mini-game.

I haven’t watched it (I said as much in my first post) :p 

I’m also not stating that a game tooled specifically for VR wouldn’t be good; I’m simply stating that allowing the floating camera in third person games to be viewed via VR would add to the game and is underrated - not that it’s better than a game made for VR. ie: simply making a VR patch for TW3 that allows you to be “in” the world through the camera would be pretty great (turning your head to look around novigrad or watching Geralt fight a Leshen in full-scale would be epic as F)

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The video is a minute long, you've spent a lot longer on this back and forth. :p

I was in bed and I wasn’t going to watch it without volume 

EDIT: that is the most non-gameplay trailer pretending to be gameplay that I’ve ever seen. Watching that trailer would have added nothing to the discussion.