According to Leaks: Xenoblade Chronicles DE dynamic resolution revealed: Handheld = 378p/540p Docked= 504p/720p

Bacon

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

Well I couldn’t resist picking it up. I’m spending more time outside these days and it’s nice to have a game to get into while poolside. :cool:

Sexy Ladies Around atom's pool: "Oh, come swim with us! Teehee, Megan's top fell off!"

atom's Switch: "IT'S REYN TIME! IT'S REYN TIME! IT'S REYN TIME!"

• Haha 1

If you are going to litter the map with quests, you might as well make it easy to pick up. Talking to the NPC over and over to pick up each quest is silly. At least add the modern conveniences you get in MMOs if you plan to copy quest structure. 

At least handheld mode looks better than XC2. 

59 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If you are going to litter the map with quests, you might as well make it easy to pick up. Talking to the NPC over and over to pick up each quest is silly. At least add the modern conveniences you get in MMOs if you plan to copy quest structure. 

At least handheld mode looks better than XC2. 

That's pretty much exactly what they did with XCX.

Ok I got an hour in yesterday. Made it to colony 9 and was immediately distracted with how many side quests popped up. 

I really truly don’t want to get sucked into the endless sidequest vortex and find I’m 10hrs in and barely did the main story. This almost always leads me to never “finishing” the game. 

With that said, i pretty much plan on skipping sidequests entirely. Unless of course anyone in here thinks I’m making a mistake or if there’s certain sidequests specifically I should do (bc good reward or story expansion). What say you. 

26 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Ok I got an hour in yesterday. Made it to colony 9 and was immediately distracted with how many side quests popped up. 

I really truly don’t want to get sucked into the endless sidequest vortex and find I’m 10hrs in and barely did the main story. This almost always leads me to never “finishing” the game. 

With that said, i pretty much plan on skipping sidequests entirely. Unless of course anyone in here thinks I’m making a mistake or if there’s certain sidequests specifically I should do (bc good reward or story expansion). What say you. 

run around and accept them and you'll find you complete like 75% of them just from regular play, only like a quarter or less of all side quests so far require any effort 

So i put in some time yesterday. I’m maybe 3.5-4hrs in. Finished Tephra Cave and little more. I definitely get the MMO vibe every talks about, but that’s OK. I don’t mind it. 

I’m really enjoying the combat, but man...I got my ass kicked on a few things in the cave that i eventually just avoided them. The big caterpillar and I forget what it was called, but it was after you hit the check point, Go up the stairs and through a door. To the right was monster that just keep destroying the party. And both monsters, I was above their level. I think I was 10 and they were 9. Kinda frustrating bc it wasn’t even close. The party died almost instantly every time. 

as for sidequests - I LOVE that you don’t actually have to return them to the issuer. That’s fantastic. I’ll just pick em up and if I complete them, great. if not, no big deal.  

im digging the story so far. Definitely interested to see where it goes. Hopefully it holds my attention being such a long game. 

I appreciate that there is actually voice acting. So many nintendo games skip on this. 

I like the constant loot drops and upgrades for the party. I hope that remains constant and I hope there’s some unique gear to hunt. 

overall, I’m really enjoying it. I hope it stays the course. 

9 minutes ago, atom631 said:

So i put in some time yesterday. I’m maybe 3.5-4hrs in. Finished Tephra Cave and little more. I definitely get the MMO vibe every talks about, but that’s OK. I don’t mind it. 

I’m really enjoying the combat, but man...I got my ass kicked on a few things in the cave that i eventually just avoided them. The big caterpillar and I forget what it was called, but it was after you hit the check point, Go up the stairs and through a door. To the right was monster that just keep destroying the party. And both monsters, I was above their level. I think I was 10 and they were 9. Kinda frustrating bc it wasn’t even close. The party died almost instantly every time. 

as for sidequests - I LOVE that you don’t actually have to return them to the issuer. That’s fantastic. I’ll just pick em up and if I complete them, great. if not, no big deal.  

im digging the story so far. Definitely interested to see where it goes. Hopefully it holds my attention being such a long game. 

I appreciate that there is actually voice acting. So many nintendo games skip on this. 

I like the constant loot drops and upgrades for the party. I hope that remains constant and I hope there’s some unique gear to hunt. 

overall, I’m really enjoying it. I hope it stays the course. 

Was it a unique monster? The Xeno series is weird in that an area with level 4 mobs can also have level 99 mobs you just need to avoid for most of the game. There can also be unique mobs whose level doesn't at all match their actual strength. They have their own level scaling and they can be bonkers strong. Luckily, these guys are normally passive and we'll not attach unless provoked. Just be careful for monsters that have name tags. It should be easy to spot them. I wouldn't approach one unless you were at least twice they're level.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Was it a unique monster? The Xeno series is weird in that an area with level 4 mobs can also have level 99 mobs you just need to avoid for most of the game. There can also be unique mobs whose level doesn't at all match their actual strength. They have their own level scaling and they can be bonkers strong. Luckily, these guys are normally passive and we'll not attach unless provoked. Just be careful for monsters that have name tags. It should be easy to spot them. I wouldn't approach one unless you were at least twice they're level.

Got it. So are areas meant to be visited more than once? Like will I be gong back to those caves for any reason except maybe to hunt those monsters once i level up more?

21 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Got it. So are areas meant to be visited more than once? Like will I be gong back to those caves for any reason except maybe to hunt those monsters once i level up more?

There are sometime sidequests to hunt those unique monsters. They also drop pretty good loot and offer up a huge amount of XP. I remember there being some backtracking, but you'll be likely go back to just to hunt them as well.

One of the best feelings in the world in these games is finally getting able to take out those ridiculously strong mobs that you've seen all game and have had to avoid.

7 hours ago, atom631 said:

there are some quests that will require you to return but the vast majority of them are 'auto' complete

12hrs in now and made it through the ether mine and on my way to Satori Marsh. 

I’m really enjoying this game! I’m glad I caved and decided to buy.

Even though the landscapes are vast and there’s not a ton to do in them, there’s something really cool about climbing around the body of a titan :daydream:

oh yeah and the music is great.