Is faith in Bioware/Anthem worth $9?

XxEvil AshxX

I've never played Anthem, but it's on sale on Xbox Live for about 9 bucks. I know that EA/Bioware are kinda "reinventing" the game, even though they only have a handful of people working on it and have no timetable as to when/if it might ever see the light of day.

I'm wondering if it might be worth picking it up for $9 now and maybe just sitting on it until whenever they re-release it, thus avoiding whatever "new game" price they slap on it. But then there's always the chance that it might never come out, or that it might re-launch as a Free-to-play game a la Destiny 2, in which case I might be out nine bucks.

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I've never played Anthem, but it's on sale on Xbox Live for about 9 bucks. I know that EA/Bioware are kinda "reinventing" the game, even though they only have a handful of people working on it and have no timetable as to when/if it might ever see the light of day.

I'm wondering if it might be worth picking it up for $9 now and maybe just sitting on it until whenever they re-release it, thus avoiding whatever "new game" price they slap on it. But then there's always the chance that it might never come out, or that it might re-launch as a Free-to-play game a la Destiny 2, in which case I might be out nine bucks.

Thoughts?

I'd say it's worth it.  But you can also pay $5.00 at some point to try it out on EA Access, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it on a lot more sales in the future.

I like a lot of the core mechanics and ideas in Anthem, they just completely fumbled on the end game and so many other aspects  of what a Looter Shooter needs to do.  

With next gen consoles improved loading as well, they might be able to drastically improve the vision of the game.

Bottom line.  It looks great and it's fun to play.  It fell apart in the loot and the long game of a service type game model.

Going through the story and exploring the world a bit will net you a couple dozen hours or so which would easily be worth what it's priced now.

They absolutely nailed the flying suit mechanic and the world looks great.