Video Games influencing other entertainment?

JosephManderley

22 hours ago, JosephManderley said:

Reminds me - I forgot about this from the same people I think?

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

Hide contents

Wow! That Biting Elbows was great.

Hardcover Henry is not a great movie but it's something that can be admired for trying something different. I would love to see an actual good thought out story with that first person perspective for a movie.

1 hour ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Wow! That Biting Elbows was great.

Hardcover Henry is not a great movie but it's something that can be admired for trying something different. I would love to see an actual good thought out story with that first person perspective for a movie.

Maybe a great director could do something with it... but to me first person is usually terrible as a movie going experience.  

The only good uses I can think of that use it are from Terminator and Predator.  Both those movies only use first person for a few seconds to show the unique vision of the antagonist.  

2 hours ago, number305 said:

Maybe a great director could do something with it... but to me first person is usually terrible as a movie going experience.  

The only good uses I can think of that use it are from Terminator and Predator.  Both those movies only use first person for a few seconds to show the unique vision of the antagonist.  

I got to thinking more about my comment after I put it down and it would be very challenging. I don't think it would be a bad perspective but I think only a few directors / story tellers could possibly achieve something good for an audience with it to get a full picture of what is going on. I look above at that 5 min video and it did so much better than Hardcore Henry, to me for my enjoyment, because it didn't have to tell a whole narrative for 90s mins.