President Trump fires Intelligence Community IG - Same IG who was central to whistle blower complaint

39 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Fantastic system where Inspectors General serve at the will of the President.

10:30pm on a Friday night in the midst of a national crisis.  PERFECT timing to do this.

Motherfucker was looking for the right time to drop him and does it.

But hey we can at least count on impeachment to constrain presidential behavior now :silly:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Motherfucker was looking for the right time to drop him and does it.

But hey we can at least count on impeachment to constrain Republican presidential behavior now :silly:

I've amended this. Republicans won't turn on their own. Their behavior will not change, it will get worse, and they won't give a fuck.

Democrats will absolutely be constrained by the threat of impeachment because their politicians are moralizing cowards who don't want to actually exercise power and will absolutely turn on their own.  They aren't ambitious, smart, or bold enough rise to this or any challenge. They just want to hold their office and not upset the applecart. It's fucking pathetic

20 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I've amended this. Republicans won't turn on their own. Their behavior will not change, it will get worse, and they won't give a fuck.

Democrats will absolutely be constrained by the threat of impeachment because their politicians are moralizing cowards who don't want to actually exercise power and will absolutely turn on their own.  They aren't ambitious, smart, or bold enough rise to this or any challenge. They just want to hold their office and not upset the applecart. It's fucking pathetic

I don't even think the "bringing a knife to a gunfight" analogy even works anymore when it comes to the Democrats.  They're brandishing an incredibly dull butter knife while the GOP literally goes thermonuclear. 

This is because the Democrats labor under the delusion that this is a system worth saving (protip: it's not!) while the GOP just doesn't give a freakin' damn (and I honestly can't really blame 'em for that!).  In that scenario, the winner is all but a forgone conclusion: the side that wants to preserve a sclerotic system will always lose to the one who cares little for its existence.

3 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I don't even think the "bringing a knife to a gunfight" analogy even works anymore when it comes to the Democrats.  They're brandishing an incredibly dull butter knife while the GOP literally goes thermonuclear. 

This is because the Democrats labor under the delusion that this is a system worth saving (protip: it's not!) while the GOP just doesn't give a freakin' damn (and I honestly can't really blame 'em for that!).  In that scenario, the winner is all but a forgone conclusion: the side that wants to preserve a sclerotic system will always lose to the one who cares little for its existence.

The Democratic style of corruption involves skimming off the stop of a system operating at a steady state. The Republican style of corruption is full-on smash and grab looting. Democratic politicians don't want to upset the applecart because they'd feel bad about going full smash and grab and aren't sure if their grift could survive a leftward shift. This temerity will perpetually place them at a fundamental disadvantage to people who think their gain is in burning everything to the ground. 

• Thanks 1