Devs - 8 episode Miniseries Written/Directed by Alex Garland

Anyone else watching? The first two episodes dropped last week (it's on FX through Hulu) of this 8 episode miniseries, with every episode written/directed by Alex Garland (wrote: 28 Days Later, Sunshine, Never Let Me Go, Dredd; wrote/directed Ex Machina and Annihilation). It's really good so far! It strangely feels most similar to Nicolas Winding Refn's miniseries Too Old to Die Young in it's slower pacing and methodical filmmaking but with more energy and momentum. 

If you're a fan of Alex Garland, I highly recommend checking it out. 

I've caught up on the three episodes that are out now, and I'm way into it.

"FX on Hulu" is a weird thing, but I welcome it. FX has a lot of shows I want to watch, so I appreciate them going with an established service over doing their own thing. I bounce between streaming services pretty regularly, cancelling the ones I haven't used in a while, and this got me to come back to Hulu, and I'll probably keep it for a while. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2020 at 7:57 AM, TheLeon said:

Just watched the final episode. Overall, I really enjoyed the series. Several times I found myself asking "wait, does that make any sense?" but ultimately I didn't care. 

Same, but I thought it was all done really well. Anyone else end up watching?

It all made sense (it was always a super accurate computer simulation of one of many possible worlds, but not an actual time travel machine), I'm only confused as to how Katie uploaded both Forest and Lily's memories into the Devs (ahem, Deus) system? I just don't get how they did that, and why the world they are watching within the system doesn't match the one in real life (does this imply the system can show multiple, different worlds at once?). Overall though, Alex Garland knocks it out of the park again. This guy is a real talent.