Footage from leaked playable build of StarCraft: Ghost posted online

Commissar SFLUFAN

16 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Wasn't it originally supposed to be a stealth action game like Splinter Cell? Hence the "Ghost"?

Coincidentally, I watched a video about the history of SC:Ghost a couple weeks ago, and apparently the first build was all about stealth with little combat (kinda more MGS-based). But then Blizzard did about three restarts building this game, and each restart became more and more third-person shooter based with each iteration. This leak looks like it's the last build of the game that didn't actually get much time devoted to it - hence it looking kinda weak gameplay-wise. I wanna say the production start of this game had a full studio behind it, then with each rebuild it kept getting less and less of a staff, and by the end (this build) it was literally down to three people.

11 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Coincidentally, I watched a video about the history of SC:Ghost a couple weeks ago, and apparently the first build was all about stealth with little combat (kinda more MGS-based). But then Blizzard did about three restarts building this game, and each restart became more and more third-person shooter based with each iteration. This leak looks like it's the last build of the game that didn't actually get much time devoted to it - hence it looking kinda weak gameplay-wise. I wanna say the production start of this game had a full studio behind it, then with each rebuild it kept getting less and less of a staff, and by the end (this build) it was literally down to three people.

Yeah, I remember reading a preview article about it in an EGM or Gamepro or something and being pretty excited because I was a huge Splinter Cell fan at the time. But that was the first/last time I ever saw anything on it.

On a side note, I'm curious what Ghost herself would look like if they decided to reboot the concept. We all know women aren't allowed to have curves or long hair nowadays, nevermind the skin tight outfit.

36 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

On a side note, I'm curious what Ghost herself would look like if they decided to reboot the concept. We all know women aren't allowed to have curves or long hair nowadays, nevermind the skin tight outfit.

Have you seen Overwatch? I think they're still ok with that stuff.