David Leitch in talks to direct Enter the Dragon Remake

Uko Kwais of The Raid is the obvious choice to star... but seriously this movie has been remade dozens of times already in everything but name. They're really just capitalizing off of the title. Casting is gonna be everything and I wouldn't be surprised if Keanu Reeves plays the John Saxon part. Put Chadwick Boseman in the Jim Kelly part and boom... you're done. Cast either Jacky Chan or Donny Yen as Mr. Han (Jet Li would be good too if he's healthy) and David Batista as Bolo.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2018 at 7:43 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Uko Kwais of The Raid is the obvious choice to star... but seriously this movie has been remade dozens of times already in everything but name. They're really just capitalizing off of the title. Casting is gonna be everything and I wouldn't be surprised if Keanu Reeves plays the John Saxon part. Put Chadwick Boseman in the Jim Kelly part and boom... you're done. Cast either Jacky Chan or Donny Yen as Mr. Han (Jet Li would be good too if he's healthy) and David Batista as Bolo.

You are so correct in that the film has been remade so many times.

Donnie Yen vs. Uko Kwais would be spec-fucking-tacular! Having Reeves in the Saxon part would be pretty cool actually. Also, in this version, can we figure out just how the girl was killed during the melee at the end!?

Also, why not have Bolo Yeung show up as a cameo, PLEASE!? (Maybe the guy who gets tricked off the boat?)

29 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Donnie Yen vs. Uko Kwais would be spec-fucking-tacular! Having Reeves in the Saxon part would be pretty cool actually. Also, in this version, can we figure out just how the girl was killed during the melee at the end!?

Also, why not have Bolo Yeung show up as a cameo, PLEASE!? (Maybe the guy who gets tricked off the boat?)

I always thought she got trampled to death.

19 hours ago, Wild said:

I really liked Atomic Blond, but I didn't care much for his directing choices in Deadpool 2. Fortunately this wouldn't be a comedy.

He is doing the Division movie next anyway, isn't he?

His next film is actually directing the Hobbs/Shaw Fast and Furious spin-off film, then he's supposed to be doing The Division with Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Chastain. That one I'm intrigued by. He last said on the topic that The Division was aggressively moving forward so he may move to that quickly after the Hobbs/Shaw movie.

Or he could leave that project and do this. Or do this after both other projects. Unsure, we'll have to see. I'd like to see him do that Division movie over an Enter the Dragon remake, to be perfectly honest.