Joe Burrow says Browns' Odell Beckham Jr. handed out real cash to LSU players; Arrest Warranted Issues to OBJ for Assault in locker room

AbsolutSurgen

Joe Burrow says Browns' Odell Beckham Jr. handed out real cash to LSU players

The money that Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. distributed on the field after LSU's national championship victory Monday was real, Tigers quarterback Joe Burrow said in a podcast interview released Wednesday.

"I'm not a student-athlete anymore, so I can say yeah," Burrow said on the most recent episode of Barstool Sports' "Pardon My Take."

The university's athletic department issued a statement Wednesday saying it was aware of video showing "apparent cash" being given to players by Beckham and that it has been in contact with the NCAA and the SEC regarding the matter.

Does this count as "lack of institutional control"?

As far as I’ve seen, all the players being handed wads of cash were either seniors or NFL bound juniors. Not really sure it matters since they are giving up their eligibility and violations I don’t believe get retroactively applied, so not as though they can render players ineligible for the games they’ve already played.