Mom killed in road rage incident while teaching son to drive, police say

Remarkableriots

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mom-killed-in-road-rage-incident-while-teaching-son-to-drive-police-say/ar-AAGLbtI?ocid=AMZN

Tracey Smith, 46, was giving her 17-year-old son a driving lesson on Friday evening when the pair got into what investigators described as "a minor accident," according to the Milwaukee Police Department.

Things took a tragic turn when Smith, a sergeant with the Wisconsin Department of Corrections, got out to confront the driver who ran into them. The two exchanged words and Smith was shot during the encounter, according to police.

"This stemmed from a minor accident that occurred. The passenger of the vehicle that was hit got out and confronted the [driver] of the striking vehicle," police said in a statement Monday. "Words were exchanged and the driver of the striking vehicle pulled out a firearm and shot the passenger."

This type of thing is one of the reasons why i never want to learn how to drive.

59 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The only words exchanged should be insurance information.

That person could approach you pull a gun and shoot you just because his day was horrible. You can't control what someone else will do in that situation. Just like when my mom and i were in a car accident that wasn't our fault and the couple in the other car jumped out furious cursing at us for no reason.

1 minute ago, Remarkableriots said:

That person could approach you pull a gun and shoot you just because his day was horrible. You can't control what someone else will do in that situation. Just like when my mom and i were in a car accident that wasn't our fault and the couple in the other car jumped out furious cursing at us for no reason.

Sure it could happen, but it’s not likely.  In this scenario, she definitely escalated the situation by getting out of the car and confronting the other driver.

Do not leave your vehicle if possible.

Do not escalate the situation.

4 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Sure it could happen, but it’s not likely.  In this scenario, she definitely escalated the situation by getting out of the car and confronting the other driver.

:flag_us_inverted:

lol America 

how the fuck u exchange insurance info by not leaving car.  Can u guys do anything normal or is every daily situation require modification due to the likelihood of getting shot?  

30 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

:flag_us_inverted:

lol America 

how the fuck u exchange insurance info by not leaving car.  Can u guys do anything normal or is every daily situation require modification due to the likelihood of getting shot?  

lol. That's just what I was thinking.

Starting an argument, especially in the US, is probably not a good idea.

2 hours ago, Amazatron said:

In most states you’re required to get out to exchange insurance information :p 

There are so many crazy people in this country that you're basically throwing dice every time you deal with another person after an accident. A real part of the problem is that when an accident happens, adrenaline is flowing, so otherwise normal people suddenly become fight-or-flight enhanced, which can lead to all sorts of unexpected conclusions. Fortunately, other than a few near misses over the years, I've not been in an accident where I was driving, I understand that circumstances could change, so I'm always worried I'm going to have an altercation with some crazed moron who most likely caused the accident in the first place.

34 minutes ago, brucoe said:

There are so many crazy people in this country that you're basically throwing dice every time you deal with another person after an accident. A real part of the problem is that when an accident happens, adrenaline is flowing, so otherwise normal people suddenly become fight-or-flight enhanced, which can lead to all sorts of unexpected conclusions. Fortunately, other than a few near misses over the years, I've not been in an accident where I was driving, I understand that circumstances could change, so I'm always worried I'm going to have an altercation with some crazed moron who most likely caused the accident in the first place.

That's like one of my friends who has only gotten into one accident since I've known him. He got t-boned going through an intersection because the other guy failed at stopping at the red light. I almost got ran over crossing at the crosswalk when a truck decided to not wait for the red light to change.