New matrix movie in the works..Keanu and Carrie-Anne returning

I wonder what they will do considering they killed them both. Also I hope they don't make it in a time between the movies. They are like 20 years older. While thay have aged very well I would rather get some bullshit reason they are alive and show what happened in the world after the peace 20 years later.

• Guillotine 1

7 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

I wonder what they will do considering they killed them both. Also I hope they don't make it in a time between the movies. They are like 20 years older. While thay have aged very well I would rather get some bullshit reason they are alive and show what happened in the world after the peace 20 years later.

Given where Lana Wachowski is at this point in her career, unless the studio hamstrings her completely (unlikely, given she's writer, director, and producer on this), I would not expect a conventional sequel (or midquel, or prequel) no matter what we get.

Remember also that the third film ended on a very tenuous note of ambivalent, peaceful co-existence between humans and machines (which leaves a lot open for a sequel) and that the current Neo was the 7th iteration/version of Neo, and there's no reason previous versions (if it's a prequel) couldn't have looked exactly the same as Keanu Reeves (ala Fei Fong Wong and Elly in Xenogears). Or there could be digital copies of the characters that still exist in the Matrix, etc. etc. A lot of different possibilities.

Good point today they can digital face any actor. I think I would be more interested in post Matrix 3 world. A world with peace and find out how long that lasted.  I could be down for whatever bullshit reason they make to bring Neo and Trinity back.

• Jason locked this topic