So I noticed Gamora is trending on Twitter...

12 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I guess I didn't realize that there was a question about past-Gamora surviving.

At the end of the movie they show Quill scanning to try to find Gamora with it just on "searching" before he cuts it off and the Asgardians of the Galaxy scene starts. I guess he could have been trying to scan for his Gamora, but I assumed he was scanning for the Gamora from the past.

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

I'm glad they cut it, Everyone knelling just feels odd, it's like they are kneeling to a fallen king, which Tony would have played well to Tony's ego, but just feels wrong to me. 

This... The kneeling thing is just weird and feels out of place here. He's TONY Stark, Not NED Stark :lol:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This... The kneeling thing is just weird and feels out of place here. He's TONY Stark, Not NED Stark :lol:

They could have worked in the bit of Gamora turning and walking away into the death scene we wound up getting, though. It kinda feels like they forgot they were axing that bit when they cut the overall scene. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

They could have worked in the bit of Gamora turning and walking away into the death scene we wound up getting, though. It kinda feels like they forgot they were axing that bit when they cut the overall scene. 

I don't think they forgot...it was pretty obvious that she was still around especially when you see Quill searching for her at the end. I can totally see the thinking behind not showing her walking away. 

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't think they forgot...it was pretty obvious that she was still around especially when you see Quill searching for her at the end. I can totally see the thinking behind not showing her walking away. 

As I said, in the version we got, it was ambiguous why his search was failing to find her. 

The kneeling thing does feel weird and it’s definitely redundant with the funeral scene afterwards. I don’t really mind that there’s a question as to whether or not Gamora survived Tony’s snap. Also if she was going to die because of that they would have shown it. They’re going to kill a main character of a franchise for a second time and not show it? Lol.  I feel like Gamora being dead or alive is really only a question for children. 

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah, that was weird. It did feel like they were honoring their fallen king. When Hawkeye did it, I could see it as seeing Tony like that it felt like another punch to gut. It had only been a few hours since he saw Black Widow die too. 

17 hours ago, johnny said:

The kneeling thing does feel weird and it’s definitely redundant with the funeral scene afterwards. I don’t really mind that there’s a question as to whether or not Gamora survived Tony’s snap. Also if she was going to die because of that they would have shown it. They’re going to kill a main character of a franchise for a second time and not show it? Lol.  I feel like Gamora being dead or alive is really only a question for children. 

I don’t see anything weird or redundant about honoring a fallen brother on the battlefield after a battle, then showing the celebration of his life.

1 hour ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I don’t see anything weird or redundant about honoring a fallen brother on the battlefield after a battle, then showing the celebration of his life.

From a storytelling/script perspective, it's the same beat twice. When the script was written they probably had the same thought you do... once they saw it in the cut, the realized that it was repetitive (and tonally wrong) Also it probably unintentionally called up similarities to the NFL protests. At least I'm sure someone at Disney was worried it would. 

3 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Like Skillz said, irl that’s not redundant. But in the movie it is. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

From a storytelling/script perspective, it's the same beat twice. When the script was written they probably had the same thought you do... once they saw it in the cut, the realized that it was repetitive (and tonally wrong) Also it probably unintentionally called up similarities to the NFL protests. At least I'm sure someone at Disney was worried it would. 

They're also consecutive scenes, right? So the awkwardness of hitting the same beat twice is amplified by doing it in back-to-back scenes.