Superhot passes two million lifetime sales

Pikachu

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-05-28-superhot-passes-two-million-lifetime-sales

In just over three years, abstract indie shooter Superhot has sold more than two million units.

Superhot Team business developer Tomasz Kaczmarczyk revealed the figure while speaking with PCGamesInsider.biz at Digital Dragons in Krakow this week.

Originally launched as an Xbox exclusive, Superhot reportedly sold between 1.2 million and 1.5 million units of the "regular" game.

"It depends on how you count because there's a blurred boundary between copies you give away almost for free in big bundles, sales and so on," said Kaczmarczyk.

However, the game has also sold over 800,000 VR units, accounting for around 40% of its lifetime sales.

Despite being the studio's only release, and coming out over three years ago, Kaczmarczyk reported that company revenue had grown year-on-year between 2017 and 2018.

"It's been going very well for us," Kaczmarczyk added. "Luckily, Superhot is somewhat timeless. The game mechanic or art style don't [sic] really get old.

We don't see that much of a decline in sales as usually expect for a video game... That's a mix of our own efforts and making sure that we are running discounts and sales properly and making it more approachable for new people."

24 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

That Oculus Quest is legit. That was the crowd-funded unit, yeah?

Oh, I’m not sure about it being crowd funded. It was formerly code named “Santa Cruz “ though. It is indeed legit though and a great piece of kit that will likely sell really well! 

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Oh, I’m not sure about it being crowd funded. It was formerly code named “Santa Cruz “ though. It is indeed legit though and a great piece of kit that will likely sell really well! 

A buddy of mine got one and he really digs it. Personally, I’m looking forward to this kind of tech. :D 

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I see it as the switch of VR! Join us, join us, join us! :devil:

That’s exactly what he said, too! “The Switch of VR!”  I gotta go over to his place soon and give it a whirl myself.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He will join you with the Switch VR, Labo, then come here saying how it’s underwhelming or something. 🤷🏼‍♀️

You know me so well! <3

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1