Bloodborne: The Board Game - trailer (Kickstarter begins next week)

Commissar SFLUFAN

On 4/27/2019 at 12:05 PM, Chris- said:

But what about the frame pacing

CMON have included miniature blood vials which contain a serum temporarily giving players Parkinson's to mimic the true From engine experience. That's where that $1.8mil is really going obviously. Actual game costs like $2 to manufacture with child labor. 

Man, the stretch goals on this thing are legit.  Tons of new monsters and hunters, a whole new campaign, currently working on PVP mode.  And the minis look absolutely sick.  I don't back many things on KS, but this has turned into my most anticipated game of 2020 already.  Damn.  I hope they have a prototype at GenCon.

8 hours ago, Slug said:

Man, the stretch goals on this thing are legit.  Tons of new monsters and hunters, a whole new campaign, currently working on PVP mode.  And the minis look absolutely sick.  I don't back many things on KS, but this has turned into my most anticipated game of 2020 already.  Damn.  I hope they have a prototype at GenCon.

I also see that it now has two "optional buys" ($40 each) as well.

I'm not doing any of the optional buy.  I'm happy with the base game as is.  That said, I'm happy they're doing the optional buys because it means the campaign keeps making more money which gets me more stretch goals. :D

30 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

It's now up to 5 optional buys.

Yeah.  I had decided that I was going to temper my fanboy impulses and not do any optional buys at all. I mean, with all the stretch goals, for that many minis, the base game is already an insane value at $100.  But damn if the Cainhurst expansion isn't testing my resolve....having the Martyr Logarious boss alone is gonna make me get it.

One day left to get in on this and get all the KS exclusives.  Right now here's what that looks like, 

The base game:

spacer.png

All stretch goals:

spacer.png

It's an absolutely ridiculous value for $100.  The base game could retail for that, minus the KS exclusive stuff.  30 hours left.

5 hours remaining.  Up to 117 minis in the base pledge with the game.  Works out to something like $0.90 per mini.  For the minis alone that's really, really good.  It's gonna be a long year waiting for this.  Hopefully they have it to demo at GenCon or PAXU.

5 hours ago, Slug said:

5 hours remaining.  Up to 117 minis in the base pledge with the game.  Works out to something like $0.90 per mini.  For the minis alone that's really, really good.  It's gonna be a long year waiting for this.  Hopefully they have it to demo at GenCon or PAXU.

You can get it on the "Full Moon Set" which includes all optional buys for $250 (a discount of a WHOLE $30 over buying each individually!)

12 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Yeah, I opted not to do all-in or any of the optional buys (even though I really wanted Castle Cainhurst).  I figure with the base game, the chalice dungeons, Mergo's, and all the stretch extras I'll have plenty of mileage out of my $90.  And if my group really really enjoys it I can pick up the expansions at retail down the road.

• 1 year later...

Necropost.  Between China manufacturing delays because COVID and shipping issues, this is finally rolling out almost a year late.  I got the address confirmation e-mail from the fulfillment center yesterday.  When it finally arrives I'll do a review a mini detail pics for y'all.

30 minutes ago, Slug said:

Necropost.  Between China manufacturing delays because COVID and shipping issues, this is finally rolling out almost a year late.  I got the address confirmation e-mail from the fulfillment center yesterday.  When it finally arrives I'll do a review a mini detail pics for y'all.

Nice, looking forward to it. I’ve managed to avoid the siren song of CMON kickstarters recently, though most of that money has gone towards getting most of the stuff coming out for Legion and Crisis Protocol... I just love painting the minis. Also awaken realms has me in their grip with Nemesis and ISS Vanguard, so... sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 1:19 PM, Slug said:

My game group is still all COVID-separated, but this one has a solo campaign.  We'll see how that goes. :P

Any impressions? And are you gonna paint the minis?

A few people have called out that they don’t love the “round limit” (not sure exactly what mechanism it uses) but in a tabletop version of the game... I don’t know else anyone could introduce meaningful stakes kind since in Souls games death is generally meaningless.

31 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Any impressions? And are you gonna paint the minis?

A few people have called out that they don’t love the “round limit” (not sure exactly what mechanism it uses) but in a tabletop version of the game... I don’t know else anyone could introduce meaningful stakes kind since in Souls games death is generally meaningless.

I haven't really dived super deep into it yet so I don't want to give impressions prematurely.  I can tell you though that I like the round limit which is managed by the hunt track.  The track advances every time you go back to the Hunter's Dream (either intentionally or by dying) and if the track reaches the end and you don't finish the chapter by the end of that round you lose.  It gives you a loss condition.  It creates urgency.  If people could just go back to Hunter's Dream willy-nilly there'd be no finite end so people could just grind out the best kit for their hunter every game.  You'd always win...eventually.  And if you can't lose it's not fun IMO.

As far as painting goes...yes, in theory.  I am not a big mini-painter, but I do like having painted minis.  I painted my Blood Bowl team and I always paint my current D&D player mini I'm using.  On the other hand I said I wanted to paint my Cthulhu Wars minis and I've had that game for a few years now and there is not a speck of paint on them.  So the answer is I want to paint my Bloodborne minis, but I'm not holding my breath that I'm actually gonna follow through on that anytime soon.