Insider: Sony is speaking with partners to market TLOU2, goal is 2019

SaysWho?

Benji is an insider who also posts on Reset. He's been pretty consistent that he's thought TLOU2 is releasing in 2019, but now he's gone so far to say 2019 has been the plan for a while and it's all a matter of how quickly then can get this done:

Yep

Goal is 2019. Has been for a long time. Question is if they can do it or not.

Without going into details Sony has already started speaking with certain partners about marketing on the game. They are gearing up to launch it.

No idea and I'm done with all the Last of Us 2 hinting.

But people thinking this is a Q4 2020 launch or later are crazy. It's going to be either this Fall or early next year

This also coincides with many of these either job listings or resumes that keep popping up on Linkedin:

mBqS6Om.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/pauldparker/

This person has worked with both Guerrilla and Naughty Dog and likely works at a visual arts studio.

I'm on the 2019 train. Choo-choo.

But I guess a delay into Q1 2020 could happen and wouldn't surprise me.

The Last of Us floored me as a story telling game. I considered it a top 3 or so game of all time for me for the first 2-3 years after its release. As time has gone on I probably don’t hold it quite that high anymore, but man I still love it. 

I kinda didn’t want them to make a sequel cuz I think the ending is like Coen brothers level good. But I’m interested to see where they take it. 

Doesn’t seem like most people are really even thinking about the game though.

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

The Last of Us floored me as a story telling game. I considered it a top 3 or so game of all time for me for the first 2-3 years after its release. As time has gone on I probably don’t hold it quite that high anymore, but man I still love it. 

I kinda didn’t want them to make a sequel cuz I think the ending is like Coen brothers level good. But I’m interested to see where they take it. 

Doesn’t seem like most people are really even thinking about the game though.

You sweet summer child.