AAF beats NBA's ratings in debut

SaysWho?

7 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

I watched three games over the weekend.  I like it.  Hope the league lasts.

I know the XFL failed in large part because of how bad the product was, and it was positioned to be real professional football.

From what I'm reading, they want good football, obviously, but they're "complimentary" to the NFL, and they end their season early, so it's almost like a developmental league for the NFL if players want to move up.

And I think with that mindset and those expectations, it may end up doing well. We'll see! 

On 2/11/2019 at 10:16 AM, SaysWho? said:

I know the XFL failed in large part because of how bad the product was, and it was positioned to be real professional football.

From what I'm reading, they want good football, obviously, but they're "complimentary" to the NFL, and they end their season early, so it's almost like a developmental league for the NFL if players want to move up.

And I think with that mindset and those expectations, it may end up doing well. We'll see! 

This is why it will succeed, I think. The player contracts are also modelled around them moving to the NFL. If they get an offer they are allowed to leave the AAF, no penalty. However, if they don't end up playing for the NFL season, they must return to their AAF team. So it's basically "the minors" for football, which the NFL needed.

My biggest hope is that the rules of the AAF make their way to the NFL because they appear to be much better.