Total Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024

TwinIon

19 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Saturday and Sunday totally sunny, Monday was completely overcast to the point where you couldn't even tell where the sun was, today back to 100% sun

Complete inverse of my experience: yesterday was the only good weather we’ve had in a week. 

I'm trying to figure out how to post process all the images that I got, and it's quite a chore.

I started out trying to get as sharp a corona as possible, given the clouds I had to shoot through. Apparently the auto align features don't really work for eclipses, so I've been manually stacking images by hand. One camera was on a motorized mount and the other shoots at 20fps, so thankfully most of the images weren't too far off (as long as I don't stack between sequences), but it's still a pain.

I also feel conflicted as to just some of the basics, like color balance. It seems slightly more natural to make things warmer, but maybe the Corona is better off white? In the partial phases they're more or less straight out of the camera, but I could match the colors and exposures if I wanted to. 

mosaic-1.png

corona1.jpg

totality-z9-hdr-1.png

z9-beads-hdr-super-res-2.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hype 1