GOTY 2024 Finally Announced

stepee

Out in Japan already, Ys10 - which really did at least make Digital Foundry’s John put it on his GOTY list for the Japanese version - is making a quicker entry to NA than usual with a Fall 24 target! The traversal looks wonderful.

Switch (target platform), PS5, AND PC all at launch!

Ys-X-Nordics_2023_04-20-23_025.jpg

Ys-X-Nordics-Screenshot-017.jpg

ys-x-nordics-4.large.jpg

Yeah there are ship battles, but I trust Falcom far more than Ubi to make them fun.

• Like 2
  • Halal 2

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

Ys is a series I keep trying because I feel like I “should” love them. I got decently far into 8, but after like 15 hours or so I kinda lost interest when I realized how much game was left. 

Maybe this will be the one!

37 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Ys is a series I keep trying because I feel like I “should” love them. I got decently far into 8, but after like 15 hours or so I kinda lost interest when I realized how much game was left. 

That's why I usually tell people to start with 7 or Memories of Celceta - because they're short like the older ones, but they feel modern like the newer ones.

18 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's why I usually tell people to start with 7 or Memories of Celceta - because they're short like the older ones, but they feel modern like the newer ones.

Definitely tried both of those back in the day. The PSP/Vita was where I first trying to get into the series (also had Oath in Felghana I believe).  I have a couple on Steam (1&2, Origin), bought 8 on Switch, played some of 9 on PS+… 8 is the only one I stuck with for more than a couple hours.

I dunno, they just don’t click with me, which is fine. But I’m sure after X gets great reviews and I see it on sale, I’ll try again. :p

19 hours ago, stepee said:

Out in Japan already, Ys10 - which really did at least make Digital Foundry’s John put it on his GOTY list for the Japanese version - is making a quicker entry to NA than usual with a Fall 24 target! The traversal looks wonderful.

Switch (target platform), PS5, AND PC all at launch!

I didn’t know that it was out in Japan already. It’s coming out for PS4 at launch too which will be the version that I get since I won’t have a PS5 yet, and I expect it to be my GOTY.

19 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah there are ship battles, but I trust Falcom far more than Ubi to make them fun.

The ship battles in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey are a lot of fun, why haven’t you played it yet? It’s the best Assassin’s Creed game IMO.

19 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Came in expecting a thread on Assassin's Creed: Red.

That will be my GOTY whichever year that it comes out.

18 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's why I usually tell people to start with 7 or Memories of Celceta - because they're short like the older ones

Ys: Memories of Celceta isn’t short, it might be shorter than Ys VIII and IX but it’s still a lengthy game.