Jon Stewart returning as The Daily Show host (Begins 2/12/24)

I've always hated this "victimless" angle. No, fuck that, we're all victims. Everyone following the rules is a victim. The legitimate people who don't get loans because they don't lie are victims. The people who pay the proper amount of taxes are victims.

Egregiously and repeatedly lying on financial documents for decades is a crime.

If I'm sloppy drunk and driving 100 mph hour and get pulled over, is my crime victimless? I mean, I didn't hit anyone, who got hurt? It's victimless!

It's just all so stupid. And yeah, they're going after him. Maybe if Donald Trump didn't want this kind of attention he should have gotten up on a soap box and started insulting every oppositional power structure he could find. Maybe don't do that.

It's like when your entire political ethos is centered around putting up two middle fingers and wildly insulting everyone who opposes your ideas, you don't get to clutch your pearls and act all put out when that same energy comes back your way.

• Halal 1

NYPOST.COM

Jon Stewart is facing online backlash after saying Donald Trump's case overvaluing his properties was "not victimless," and sleuths found his own records.

:rofl: NYP is an actual rag. People not understanding that a property selling above assessed value isn’t the same as intentionally lying on tax returns and to banks. Holy shit :rofl:

IMG-8661.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Halal 1

I too have sold a home for more than its value. :twothumbsup:

In any case, I've been enjoying his episodes.  The format is kind of weird, being a returning TDS fan.  Do the correspondents not do field reports anymore?  Overall though I'm digging the show again.

• Halal 1

41 minutes ago, Slug said:

I too have sold a home for more than its value. :twothumbsup:

YOU'RE A TRUMP! #NYP

:p 

41 minutes ago, Slug said:

Do the correspondents not do field reports anymore?

Yes, Michael Kosta had one on today's episode. They certainly became less frequent under Noah with them mostly being Klepper's "Fingers the Pulse" segments (which are gold) and a few others scattered about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yes, Michael Kosta had one on today's episode. They certainly became less frequent under Noah with them mostly being Klepper's "Fingers the Pulse" segments (which are gold) and a few others scattered about.

OK, good to know.  I'll keep an eye out; those field reports were always great.  So far all the episodes I've seen in the current season have only had "green screen" correspondent segments.

18 minutes ago, Slug said:

OK, good to know.  I'll keep an eye out; those field reports were always great.  So far all the episodes I've seen in the current season have only had "green screen" correspondent segments.

Have you only watched the Stewart eps or the rest of the week as well? I don't recall many/any on the JS eps, but there's been a few the rest of the week (let me see if I can find them for you):

I think that's all of them - the second one from the top is gold.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Have you only watched the Stewart eps or the rest of the week as well? I don't recall many/any on the JS eps, but there's been a few the rest of the week (let me see if I can find them for you):

I've watched the Jon Stewart episodes and a few of the others, but not all of them.  I watched a few with Kosta and the blonde woman (who's name is escaping me right now) co-hosting, a solo Kosta one and a Klepper one from earlier this week and all of them had only green screen segments.  I'm probably just unlucky in the episodes I've seen. I'll check out the ones you linked. :)

• Halal 1