Easy Allies moving to part time and Brad is leaving

Brian

2023 is a great year for games but rough for the industry. Looks like financially, Patreon doesn’t provide enough for them to do it full time. Damiani recently moved back to Texas. It definitely feels like the end is near. Sad times. Really enjoyed the content especially the betting specials, but losing Brandon, Kyle, Ben, and now Brad is too much talent out the door. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

2023 is a great year for games but rough for the industry. Looks like financially, Patreon doesn’t provide enough for them to do it full time. Damiani recently moved back to Texas. It definitely feels like the end is near. Sad times. Really enjoyed the content especially the betting specials, but losing Brandon, Kyle, Ben, and now Brad is too much talent out the door. 

This is a graph of their Patreon over time - the black line represents approximately when Kyle departed in March 2020:

dSvL9i9.jpg

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is a graph of their Patreon over time - the black line represents approximately when Kyle departed in March 2020:

dSvL9i9.jpg

Kyle left to find “his thing”. Unfortunately that thing was starting his own Patreon and doing the exact show everyone wanted him to do for EZA.  I always found it surprising they remained on good terms with him after that. 

16 hours ago, Brian said:

Kyle left to find “his thing”. Unfortunately that thing was starting his own Patreon and doing the exact show everyone wanted him to do for EZA.  I always found it surprising they remained on good terms with him after that. 

If I was KB, I'd have left too. Sucks for EZA, but why share when he could take the whole pot?

Kyle Bosman and Brandon Jones were the only reason EZA was even slightly relevant in my eyes.

That wasn’t the reason he provided when he left. He said he was bored and wanted to do something new, only to setup shop doing the old thing people wanted. I never said he isn’t free to do what he wants.  I am only surprised that there are no hard feelings between them.

1 minute ago, Brian said:

I never said he isn’t free to do what he wants.  

I didn't mean to imply that.

1 minute ago, Brian said:

That wasn’t the reason he provided when he left. He said he was bored and wanted to do something new, only to setup shop doing the old thing people wanted.

but I didn't know that lol

prolly just wanted out without hate

bet he would have received some big hate if he did say he was leaving to make all the money for himself

32 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I didn't mean to imply that.

but I didn't know that lol

prolly just wanted out without hate

bet he would have received some big hate if he did say he was leaving to make all the money for himself

He left either right before or at the very start of the pandemic. That event could have changed his plans.  Maybe needing money, he resorted back to doing videos and streams. I don’t know.