Best way to find a job

best3444

I used Monster but got all the jobs that went anywhere through temp agencies. I used Apple One and Robert Half, I’m not sure if Robert Half does non tech jobs but Apple One will. I’d check what agencies are in the area as they could maybe at least provide you some income with temp work while you look for something more stable. I believe Randstad is still around and prominent as well.

They might be able to help with a more guided hand to provide you an idea of your skill set as well.

I would also look to see what non profit workforce development centers may be in the area. There’s a bunch around here. I help one of them out still with their It, they do good work.

44 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I applied there yesterday to actually be a mail man. It’s all that was open so I said fuck it. 

Don't you have to take a civil service test for that?

Also unless you know a REALLY good resume writer I'd recommend hiring one. As someone who reads resumes all the damn time I can not stress the importance of having a resume that is well constructed, well written and stands out from the crowd. 

30 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Don't you have to take a civil service test for that?

Also unless you know a REALLY good resume writer I'd recommend hiring one. As someone who reads resumes all the damn time I can not stress the importance of having a resume that is well constructed, well written and stands out from the crowd. 

No, no civil service test. The application for the post office job was basically me creating my own resume. Same when I apply for state jobs...it's a resume.

I won’t talk about my experience as I’m in a unique position but my fiancé has used temp/contractors to get a foot in the door for her last two full time jobs in tech and now in education. 

Nursing has an equivalent option so I’d assume there’s something out there for your field too.