Steam Deck OLED officially announced, update: "A beautiful display upgrade - and so much more" (Digital Foundry review)

Commissar SFLUFAN

No I googled that one when I saw hdr wasn’t working :P

Andromeda and some others I figured out on my own! Now I know a few different tricks and can mess around with them to try to force the games that aren’t working with it.

I hope Valve finds a way to streamline this all since it can obviously support hdr on far more many games than work by default, but right now it’s growing pains with getting hdr on linux.

• Hype 1

58 minutes ago, best3444 said:

No I don't think they do? Anyway to find out?

Well, I looked into it. I can't look at your particular plan but when I look at your area I can only see deals with Xfinity and they all say unlimited data with the cheapest plan being 200MBPS

This might be something you would have to look into or inquire about yourself. Perhaps your parents are getting ripped off. I know some cable companies won't give you the new stuff unless you ask them about it.

But again I don't know about your plan, just what I can see on the Xfinity website.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

You have to always call comcast every couple of years or you are being ripped off. They likely can get a better plan for the same price or cheaper but they would need to call

I did this all the time when on my own. 

Is 200 MBPS slow?

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Is 200 MBPS slow?

I called on behalf of my parents a few years ago. I tripled their speed, got rid of their 50 GB data cap and cut their bill in half. 

200 Mbits/s is OK - by contrast I’m on 1,500 Mbits/s. I’m usually limited by things upstream of my connection to my ISP. 

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Is 200 MBPS slow?

It's fine. I think better than average imo. Anything more than 100 is probably good (that's what I got with Cox and thought it was good at the time). I get 350 myself with Spectrum, but that's with calling the cable guy out to replace the cable. :p (Although it was around 300 I believe before I called them)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I called on behalf of my parents a few years ago. I tripled their speed, got rid of their 50 GB data cap and cut their bill in half. 

200 Mbits/s is OK - by contrast I’m on 1,500 Mbits/s. I’m usually limited by things upstream of my connection to my ISP. 

Jesus. I guess I need to call Comcast tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's fine. I think better than average imo. Anything more than 100 is probably good (that's what I got with Cox and thought it was good at the time). I get 350 myself with Spectrum, but that's with calling the cable guy out to replace the cable. :p (Although it was around 300 I believe before I called them)

In my area, the various tiers aren’t that different in price. 
I’m paying $85/month for 1.5 Tb with basic cable. The lower tiers weren’t eligible for the bundle discount, so it was actually cheaper for me to get the fastest available.  But I have to call every 2 years to pretend I want to cancel to keep the price. 

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think getting a new modem will be helpful - the speed is obviously not correct - it shouldn’t take all day to download 100gb - but for these huge games it would be good if you could at least get like 400

The router can also make a big difference. Often the ones provided by the ISP are shite. 

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think getting a new modem will be helpful - the speed is obviously not correct - it shouldn’t take all day to download 100gb - but for these huge games it would be good if you could at least get like 400

Fuck. They are getting rid of Comcast within the month. My complex is forcing the change for all residents. So maybe this will be faster. I never heard of the company. 

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm just looking at the Xfinity plans

400 mbps internet $10

125 channel TV $35

Voice $10

Says it would cost $140 in total

I was just taking to my mom. She said she called twice to lower the price and they told her nothing can be done and that they are "grandfathered in"...

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I was just taking to my mom. She said she called twice to lower the price and they told her nothing can be done and that they are "grandfathered in"...

Someone was blowing smoke up her ass. Generally being "grandfathered in" is locking you into a lower price.

If the price is higher, fuck your grandfather, cancel and grandfather is out of the family and your new family costs you $100 less :p

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

lol that is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard wtf!

In other news I’m going to have to put Flower up to the top of the list of best looking things on the oled deck - ultra settings, 800p with 2xmsaa, 90fps, the contrast and colors…it’s fucking gorgeous. Best $1.29 I’ve spent in ages.

• Hype 1

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You always have to go above the person answering the customer service call. Ask for a supervisor. Tell them they have been a loyal customer for years and never missed a payment. 

• True 1

38 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s a really fucking good game 

Checking reviews is weird. FF7 Remake got great reviews. Then I checked Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade and it gets 8's?

What the hell does "Intergrade" mean and what's different about this compared to just the Remake?

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Checking reviews is weird. FF7 Remake got great reviews. Then I checked Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade and it gets 8's?

What the hell does "Intergrade" mean and what's different about this compared to just the Remake?

Not sure what reviews you are looking at but Intergrade has a higher meta than the original release with an 89 meta. Open Critic combines the ps5 version of FF7R with the ps4 version, then combines the pc version it seems with the ps5 Intergrade dlc itself or something so it’s confusing but still about the same score.

It’s the exact same game but Intergrade has better graphics and an extra piece of dlc staring Yuri. That’s it, it’s a better version. Square just names shit weird.

• Thanks 1