Daytona USA 2 will be playable inside of Yakuza: Like a Dragon Gaiden

ShreddieMercury

Huge news that is amazing and also somehow sucks.  Daytona USA 2 is one of the greatest arcade racers ever, and it never received a console port.  It is supposedly emulated inside of the new Yakuza game, titled "Sega Racing Classic 2".  I know we are not sharing twitter links but it was confirmed this morning.  I'll take what I can get, but I'm still waiting on the day that we get enhanced ports of Sega Rally, Outrun 2, and Scud Race.  All have licensing issues, but it seems Daytona USA 2 was likely the easiest to navigate since the name is only referenced in the title screen, and the cars are generic.

3 hours ago, ShreddieMercury said:

Huge news that is amazing and also somehow sucks.  Daytona USA 2 is one of the greatest arcade racers ever, and it never received a console port.  It is supposedly emulated inside of the new Yakuza game, titled "Sega Racing Classic 2".  I know we are not sharing twitter links but it was confirmed this morning.  I'll take what I can get, but I'm still waiting on the day that we get enhanced ports of Sega Rally, Outrun 2, and Scud Race.  All have licensing issues, but it seems Daytona USA 2 was likely the easiest to navigate since the name is only referenced in the title screen, and the cars are generic.

Should've been Outrun 2 :p

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stepee said:

It’s so annoying because you have to remember which Yakuza games have which arcade games you want to play. I don’t know why we can’t just get a model2/3 collection. Make like 4 collections and charge $60 each just do it FUCK.

Agreed.  I don't really understand why they haven't perpetually released these games.  Is it really time consuming/expensive to just swap assets?  Music licensing isn't a problem because it's all (incredible) in-house tracks, so it's just the car models and names at this point. 

Outrun 2 deserves its own special re-release with all of the content from the various iterations of the game (Xbox original, Outrun2 SP, Coast 2 Coast, etc.).  For a collection, my dream would be Sega Rally Championship, Daytona USA 2, and SCUD Race. 

• Halal 1

58 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

Agreed.  I don't really understand why they haven't perpetually released these games.  Is it really time consuming/expensive to just swap assets?  Music licensing isn't a problem because it's all (incredible) in-house tracks, so it's just the car models and names at this point. 

Outrun 2 deserves its own special re-release with all of the content from the various iterations of the game (Xbox original, Outrun2 SP, Coast 2 Coast, etc.).  For a collection, my dream would be Sega Rally Championship, Daytona USA 2, and SCUD Race. 

All we are getting is another Genesis collection for current gen with the same 40 games and we know it :(

Jumped in because "yes" I love Daytona USA as I was just playing this on my 60k+ game standup arcade system last night! Weird that I saw this topic right after as I never hear D/USA news ever! D/USA2 although cool I'm in here just to agree that D/USA is a all time classic!