Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SimpleG

PC Tech Is this a decent monitor

Recommended Posts

I guess my question would be do you know what you want? 

 

I’ve primarily switched to VA panels because I can’t stand IPS glow. I’m guessing with your previous comment you aren’t a fan either. Do you need G-sync? 144hz? Curved? QHD?

 

There are some decent options out there. HP has a 100hz QHD flat VA panel 32 inches for like $300. I just ordered a 27” 144hz QHD 27 inch VA from Samsung for $330. Neither have G-sync, but depending on what you want you can save some money.

 

I typically find QHD panels to have horrible QC. Back light bleeding, stuck pixels, weird dark smudged on the panel, IPS glow, etc, etc. I went through 7 panels until I got one that I found acceptable on my PB279Q. Just went through 2 MSI monitors, returned both and am now trying the Samsung. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually looking at the Acer Predator XB321HK, talk me out of it?

 

@Spork3245

 

I'm actually looking at this one because I've been thinking of getting the Wasabi Mango. However, for whatever reason the prices have gone up on them, while these monitors have come down in price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm actually looking at the Acer Predator XB321HK, talk me out of it?

 

@Spork3245

 

I'm actually looking at this one because I've been thinking of getting the Wasabi Mango. However, for whatever reason the prices have gone up on them, while these monitors have come down in price.

 

A4202_D93-21_EF-43_E3-_B83_E-42_C48_EA05

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nokt said:

Don't do it spend the extra and get the 4k 144hz

 

From what I’ve been seeing there are no 32” 4K 144hz GSync monitors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

From what I’ve been seeing there are no 32” 4K 144hz GSync monitors 

Ah yeah, its only 27" for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 12:15 AM, Nokt said:

Don't do it spend the extra and get the 4k 144hz

 

On 10/5/2018 at 6:44 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

 

From what I’ve been seeing there are no 32” 4K 144hz GSync monitors 

 

On 10/5/2018 at 1:21 PM, Nokt said:

Ah yeah, its only 27" for now.

 

For gaming purposes, at 4k, when are you going to significantly break 60fps where the 144hz is even worth it? Or am I grossly misunderstanding the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spork3245 said:

 

 

 

For gaming purposes, at 4k, when are you going to significantly break 60fps where the 144hz is even worth it? Or am I grossly misunderstanding the point?

If you're buying the monitor to use for the next 4-5 years....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikechorney said:

If you're buying the monitor to use for the next 4-5 years....

 

You’ll be just in time to get back to 60fps 4k with Ray-Tracing enabled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...