LTTP: playing Kingdom Hearts 3 four years after I bought it…

MarSolo

So uh… this is an interesting game. I bought it because I loved the first two (despite the insanely complicated and nonsensical story and the fact that all the DS games are apparently canon), and since my sister had twins, my nephews constantly watch Toy Story and one of the levels in KH is a Toy Story world.

Uh, what the hell is with this combat now? Every ten seconds there’s some prompt to press triangle and the strangest combat stuff happens. It’s either a double team move with Sora and either Donald or Goofy, or some random ass amusement park ride appears like tea cups or merry go rounds or a water rapids that eventually kills all the enemies…

It’s kind of killed my enjoyment of the game so far because it’s… I don’t know… weird and makes the battles almost too easy?

Outside of the Hercules, the Pirates movies, and Toy Story, I haven’t seen any of the movies that I travel to in this game.

The Tangled world was interesting, but then I get to this random ass mini game where I have to dance with Rapunzel and townfolks.

18 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I really wanted to like Kingdom Hearts but I gave 2 hours to the first game last year and just couldn’t. The camera was just too much. 

Oh yeah, the first game’s camera is a NIGHTMARE in hindsight. It was a point of contention with reviewers when it released in 2002, but the gameplay and the idea of Final Fantasy meeting Disney was too good to pass up. 

Also, I’m just realizing that there are NO Final Fantasy characters in this game.

I might need try and to go through it again too. Between the new combat system and I don’t know what I just felt like I had played enough while trying to get around the toy store in the Toy Story level. Which is pretty early in as I recall. 

there were also times it felt like the gameplay and controls were still trapped on a PS2.