ESPN fires practically everyone

104961440-GettyImages-876878914.jpg?v=16
WWW.CNBC.COM

ESPN is laying off about 20 on-air employees as part of a broader cost cutting effort.

Disney’s ESPN on Friday is informing about 20 of its on-air personalities that they will no longer appear on any of the network’s platforms.

Cuts include former National Basketball Association head coach and current game analyst Jeff Van Gundy and ex-NBA player and studio analyst Jalen Rose, according to a person familiar with the matter.

“Given the current environment, ESPN has determined it necessary to identify some additional cost savings in the area of public-facing commentator salaries, and that process has begun,” ESPN said in a statement. “This exercise will include a small group of job cuts in the short-term and an ongoing focus on managing costs when we negotiate individual contract renewals in the months ahead.”

“This is an extremely challenging process, involving individuals who have had tremendous impact on our company,” the network said. “These difficult decisions, based more on overall efficiency than merit, will help us meet our financial targets and ensure future growth.”

The cuts are part of ESPN’s efforts to meet its financial targets for 2023 and beyond. Targeting on-air employees with large salaries will allow ESPN to keep more staffers throughout the organization.

full list 

Jeff Van Gundy

Jalen Rose

Keyshawn Johnson

Max Kellerman

Suzy Kolber

Chris Chelios

Matt Hasselbeck

Steve Young

Rob Ninkovich

Neil Everett

Ashley Brewer

Joon Lee

LaPhonso Ellis

Todd McShay - Mel gets the last laugh

Jordan Cornette

Jason Fitz

David Pollack

54 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Has ESPN been relevant in the last 20 years? 

If you're my dad, sure.

I like watching sports just fine but I can't stand 24/7 sports talk. How many different ways can you find to say the same fucking thing. I remember watching Mike and Mike in the mornings and realized they only had about 30 minutes of content stretched over 3 hours.

They had a Pizza party the same day apparently..

I havent watched  ESPN anymorefor a very long time, but theres enough sports clips on social media of roaches like Bayless, Stephen A Smith, and new king moron Kendrick Perkins to keep me away from the network for the rest of time…