The Talos Principle II (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - "SHODAN Plays The Talos Principle II" video

SaysWho?

I’m mostly just interested in how it performs since it’s UE5 and I’ve been testing them all on the Ally, just kinda to see where it’s at as far being able to handle current gen, and it’s definitely succeeding there where the deck just can’t quite in the games I’ve tested (about 6 or so!). And I don’t want to quite buy this one yet :P

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Talos Principle II (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - "A Cat Tribute" trailer and "Behind the Schemes - In Zagreb with Croteam" video

Just finished the story tonight! A really great game and one of the best puzzle games out there.

I still have a number of the extra puzzles to complete (lost/golden gate/stars, etc.) that I'll go back and do. Well... not sure about doing the stars, but I want to at least do the golden gates.

• 1 month later...

I finished this up, along with all the puzzles. I didn't hunt down all the stars, but don't really care to.

I played through most of it on the Steam Deck after it was verified, and it ran very well. There were a few sequences that the deck struggled, but not really during gameplay. I also played some on my PC with everything turned up, and it can be quite a beautiful game.

Looks aside, it's also a very satisfying puzzle game with a lot of pretty well told story. After blazing through the first game, I was really impressed by the scale of the sequel. This game makes the leap between Portal 1 and 2 look like a tiny step. The game world is much bigger, there are many more puzzles, more mechanics, and so much more storytelling (along with a ton of philosophy to dive into if you're interested). This was one of the more surprising games I played last year, and in the end one of my favorites. Maybe not better than Zelda or Spider-man, but not far off either. An easy recommendation for anyone interested at all in the genre.

I'd very much recommend playing through the first one, for anyone like myself that missed out on it. I put in a solid 15 hours into the first and 35 into the second game. Not bad for a total of something like $30.

Does anyone have any recommendations for similar games? I saw a bunch of praise for Viewfinder, but got through it in a few hours and didn't feel like they did enough with it.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for similar games? I saw a bunch of praise for Viewfinder, but got through it in a few hours and didn't feel like they did enough with it.

How about The Turing Test?

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

The Turing Test is a challenging first-person puzzle game set on Jupiter’s moon, Europa. You are Ava Turing, an engineer for the International Space Agency (ISA) sent to discover the cause behind the disappearance of the ground crew stationed there.

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Talos Principle II (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - "SHODAN Plays The Talos Principle II" video