Two movies based on Tom Clancy novels in production

https://www.game-debate.com/news/25809/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-and-without-remorse-movies-are-in-production

No fewer than two movies are being developed set within the resurgent Clancy-verse. Paramount Pictures has announced Black Panther and Creed’s Michael B. Jordan has been signed up to play the role of Rainbow Six director and erstwhile Navy Seal, John Clark.

Sources have told Variety that Paramount Pictures has two movies in the works based on two Clancy novels - Rainbow Six and Without Remorse. The movies will be produced by Akiva Goldsman along with Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, and Michael B. Jordan himself.

I loved Without Remorse and Michael B. Jordan is great so I hope both of these movies are good.

• Guillotine 1

1 minute ago, Remarkableriots said:

Yeah I know that but for it to be called a prequel it had to come out after R6. For example Star Wars 1-3 is a prequel trilogy because it released after Star Wars 4-6. 

In that sense you are correct.  It's a prequel in the sense that we were already introducd to Clark in Clear & Present Danger and The Sum of All Fears.

39 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Clark is young in Without Remorse but it is set 20+ years before R6 during which he is a seasoned leader/soldier/spy, if they have Jordan jump from Clark's origin story right into being the leader of R6 it is going to be weird. 

Have Clark serve 10-15 years before or at the beginning of Without Remorse with a time jump. At the end of Without Remorse have him given command of R6. Or maybe they put him on the R6 team instead of being the leader?

• Guillotine 1

Given the casting, it's obvious they're not going the Hunt For Red October route and trying to stay true to the books. That's fine by me. If they're not going to stay true to the time period, I think it's best if you just use bits and pieces of the character stuff (Jack Ryan on Amazon), rather than trying to modernize a book (Sum of All Fears).

I think Michael B. Jordan would be best utilized in a Clear and Present Danger style action/political thriller. As long as we don't end up with another Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.