I have had such a wonderfully middle aged day.

gamer.tv

My in-laws are staying with us for the week and today, my wife and mother in law took my daughter out and my father in law went for a walk. I’ve been left to it to organise cupboards, paint, throw things away and tidy. It’s been wonderful. 

I’ve also managed to watch (of all things) Royal Rumble 2000, and it was incredibly nostalgic. 

All in all, a good day.

How is life on your side of the water? 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

26 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Feeling blah. I need to find a hobby besides video games and watching baseball. 

I’ve found to feel balanced I need to have ‘indoor’ and ‘outdoor’ hobbies. As this will be my last year of playing rugby I’m still trying to identify what will be my long term alternative.

Open water swimming in the spring/summer is one, then maybe just running/yoga for the winter. I still feel I’ll want to have that competitive element and that’s where it gets harder to decide.

26 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I’ve found to feel balanced I need to have ‘indoor’ and ‘outdoor’ hobbies. As this will be my last year of playing rugby I’m still trying to identify what will be my long term alternative.

Open water swimming in the spring/summer is one, then maybe just running/yoga for the winter. I still feel I’ll want to have that competitive element and that’s where it gets harder to decide.

Just throwing ideas out there, but: Is frisbee golf much of a thing on the Isle of Man? At least here, it's a somewhat popular excuse to get out for a walk.

39 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Just throwing ideas out there, but: Is frisbee golf much of a thing on the Isle of Man? At least here, it's a somewhat popular excuse to get out for a walk.

I live in England now and I’m sure it is, but autumn/winter is so wet, rainy, cold and unpredictable- it doesn’t quite give me the year round option.

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I live in England now and I’m sure it is, but autumn/winter is so wet, rainy, cold and unpredictable- it doesn’t quite give me the year round option.

Ah right, I guess I knew you'd moved at some point, sorry! :doh:

Once the weather improves, if you're wanting something aerobic but non-contact, ultimate frisbee is also pretty fun. I've been playing on rec leagues for the last few months and it's good exercise, cool people, etc. 

Have you ever tried rock climbing in a gym? 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Did you bring some cracking bangers in a cool box to eat for later and then play knock down ginger with the nippers?

It’s not a cool box, it’s a chilly willy - very embarrassing for you not to know that. 

• Sad 1