Jedi: Fallen Order $3.99 on Steam sale now through tomorrow, $4.99 for Deluxe Edition!

HardAct

I realize most of us have played this game already but if you don't own it on PC, $3.99 is a steal. Pretty fantastic game I think and is highly praised by most. Not sure how the SteamDeck will handle it but it's a good title to have on PC, so I grabbed it... 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

8 hours ago, Nokra said:

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Purchased! 

Says "Playable" on Steam Deck; we'll see, mine should be here today. :dancing:

It's almost 11:30pm and I have it installed on the deck and playing it now. I have it at all high settings with Motion blur off and film grain off, Vsync on and it's holding 60 so far but it just started. It's also already got the fan spinning pretty high though. For the most part after the initial high I was on with the steam deck I have stayed away from this thing can run anything attitude. AAA titles just run to loud and hot for my liking and just 25 minutes in this is acting in that way too. Now I expected this but just letting you know. I might adjust some slifers down a bit more, no way i'm trying epic settings...lol It's still an amazing handheld, I just have stopped playing games like Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim, etc. Though Skyrim ran pretty well I just prefer a larger screen on open world games.

I'll update after a few hours....

2 minutes ago, HardAct said:

It's almost 11:30pm and I have it installed on the deck and playing it now. I have it at all high settings with Motion blur off and film grain off, Vsync on and it's holding 60 so far but it just started. It's also already got the fan spinning pretty high though. For the most part after the initial high I was on with the steam deck I have stayed away from this thing can run anything attitude. AAA titles just run to loud and hot for my liking and just 25 minutes in this is acting in that way too. Now I expected this but just letting you know. I might adjust some slifers down a bit more, no way i'm trying epic settings...lol It's still an amazing handheld, I just have stopped playing games like Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim, etc. Though Skyrim ran pretty well I just prefer a larger screen on open world games.

I'll update after a few hours....

Already had to drop it to 45 FPS and medium setting, we shall see....

That's a great add for anyone that hasn't played it yet.

It's weird because I'd usually jump on a game at that price point, but after beating the game the first time, I just have zero desire to ever play it again. I dunno why. I found the exploration kind of tedious. I think I would've enjoyed it more if it was a bit more linear, to be honest.

I've played the Force Unleashed through multiple times because I didn't have to think.

Ok this game on Steamdeck needs to be brought down to medium settings, set FPS to 30, vsync on and it then runs very well, I got three 2.5 hours out of it at these setting! It can't lock 40fps even with medium settings but it still looks really good at these settings. In contrast I played it first on my PC with a 2080ti / I7 9700k / 32 gigs DDr4 3200 and it locks in at 60 with vsync with all high settings. I also turned off film grain and motion blur. Great game, runs well on the deck!