spacer.png Carolina at spacer.png New Orleans 10:00 AM FOX
spacer.png Cleveland at spacer.png Pittsburgh 10:00 AM CBS
spacer.png LA Chargers at spacer.png Denver 1:25 PM CBS
spacer.png NY Giants at spacer.png Philadelphia 1:25 PM CBS
spacer.png Arizona at spacer.png San Francisco 1:25 PM FOX
spacer.png LA Rams at spacer.png Seattle 1:25 PM FOX
spacer.png Dallas at spacer.png Washington 1:25 PM FOX
spacer.png Detroit atspacer.png Green Bay 5:20 PM NBC

As the NFL continues to try to figure out the worst possible way to resolve the Buffalo / Cincinnati game we are in for a rare treat, a prime time game with the Detroit Lions! :o

• Sicko Sherman 1

All three of these things are true:

1. For competitive balance reasons, the Seahawks-Rams and Packers-Lions game should be at the same time because if the Seahawks win, the Lions are eliminated. But the only way for the Seahawks to make the playoffs is for the Lions to win. So if the Seahawks play before the Lions and win, the Lions game is all off a sudden meaningless. 
2. The NFL moved the Packers-Lions to Sunday night. This game only becomes meaningful if the Seahawks lose in the afternoon. That whole competitive balance thing just went out the windows. The NFL cares more about getting Aaron Rodgers back to the playoffs than they do about having a fair slate of games. 
3. None of this would have mattered if the Seahawks had won a single measly game against the fucking NFC South. 

• True 1

IMHO, the NFL made a huge mistake cancelling the Bills/Bengals game.  For competitive balance, it needed to be played Tuesday night (even if there was no crowd).

The Chiefs have one more win than the Bills, losing out on home field advantage is a huge potential impact on the AFC Championship game.  [Note:  I'm a RAIDERS fan bitching about the Chiefs potentially losing out.]

==============================

I don't get some of the Raiders fans pushing for Stidham to be a starter next year (I suspect they are the same ones who pushed for Mariota last year).  

He looked good for the first 5 drives against the 49ers, and then didn't for the next 6.  This combined with how mediocre he looked in the pre-season, and EVERY OTHER TIME he stepped on an NFL field...  Even if he looks good against a worse than average Chiefs defence, you just can't trust him to be your #1.

And compared to the last few games -- he had Waller/Refrow playing all/most snaps and the running game was working...

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I am honestly surprised the Bills/Bengals game didn’t get completed Tuesday

Surprised me as well.  Other sports who have had players have heart attacks in similar circumstances (Chris Pronger in the NHL Playoffs, and Christian Eriksen at Euro 2020) have had the game continue while they were sent to hospital.  I completely understand the NFL not wanting to continue playing the same evening.  But the day after, even if they had to play in empty stadium, seems like a no brainer.

1 hour ago, Slug said:

I get to drive from Philly to DC Sunday morning to sit in a stadium full of Cowboys fans and watch our backups play against a team that is playing for the division.

Yay. :/

Time to man up buttercup and play spoiler. Let’s Go 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Best reffing crew I saw all season! I get your butthurt but that crew should be doing the super bowl. 

Huh?  They missed two clear PI in the first half (one against each team).

You might be able to argue the one on the Raiders, but the uncalled PI that prevented a touchdown by Adams is inexcusable. 

31 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Pretty sure they were kicked out for blocking the people behind them view after being asked to put the signs down :raisedbrow:

Well we all know holding up hand written messages on poster board really catches the eye of team management. 
Big Brain Expression GIF by Wengie

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2023 at 8:13 PM, Slug said:

I get to drive from Philly to DC Sunday morning to sit in a stadium full of Cowboys fans and watch our backups play against a team that is playing for the division.

Yay. :/

On 1/6/2023 at 9:24 PM, Biggie said:

Time to man up buttercup and play spoiler. Let’s Go 

Told ya